All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] VPM handling 4.67+

BrandonLaw

Fellas, just seen the 4.80 drop and thought I may be in luck with the .exe changing back to whatever 4.67 was capable of doing, but alas, no dice.  4.67 is the last version where PBX calls VPM correctly to my PinDMDv3.  I'm just wanting to know what changed inside of PBX.exe to bust VPM going forward from there.  I install 4.80 and all of its components, but change just the exe back to 4.67 and boom...vpm working inside of PBX again.  

7 minutes ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Hey  buddy, post the log and your ini file for Tom. I'm sure he can fix it

mike-da-spike___pinball.png

Also try  PinballX Database manager as an alternative way for gamemanger

Will do as soon as I get home.  I knew someone would ask for it...:)

46 minutes ago, BrandonLaw said:

Will do as soon as I get home.  I knew someone would ask for it...:)

We ask all to attach at the least their pinballx.ini and log.txt files whenever reporting a problem. Takes out much guesswork!

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to keep this alive as I'd like to take advantage of the newer features of the .exe.  Let me ask the community this:

What DMD and VPM are you using?  If you're using a PinDMDv3...did you upgrade the Firmware to enhance the color depth?  I did, and have a feeling that may be killing it for PBX.  VPX works fine...it's JUST this .exe after 4.67 leaves my DMD blank.  Something is amiss.

(Trying not to move to Popper :cheers:)

4 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Im using a pinDMDv3 as well with the modified firmware.

But not using vpm in frontend,  but just videos I created.

Maybe @Tom Speirsknows of anything changed between the versions that could break your DMD

mike-da-spike___pinball.png

Also try  PinballX Database manager as an alternative way for gamemanger

Thanks for the info, @Mike_da_Spike  Can you do me a favor and hit your settings and just try vpm for PBX real quick?  Fire up pbx and see if you get the rom to show on a rom-based table with no dmd art.  What's strange is on different .exe's, it has different behavior....one exe will have it blank..another will only show what was previously working like an image or a vid from fx3 on the vpm table.

@BrandonLaw

I trsted this morning with different version of pbx, but even with4.80, the DMD keeps working on tbe majority of the em tables.

A few tables showed a flickering rom display, some showing still my videos from real dmd folder (maybe it doesn't match table with rom), but most are just initializing and starting

The log file doesn't show anything besides that the dmd is initialized. 

The only thing I noticed is that when the rom launch and  displayed, I could not quit pbx by alt-f4 (i dosabled the exit to windows, so for 'maintenance ' I break out with that key combination).

@BrandonLaw

I'm not a real dmd user so don't think any tests i do will be any use to you.

But if VPM on real dmd is working for Mike in PinballX then it might be worth installing the 64 bit version of pbx (i assume Mike will be using that) to see if that works for you. 

Good thought Scutters !

Sound like you are sober again. Welcome back to earth :P

I'm indeed using the 64 bit version of pbx, my assumption is that everybody was using it at this moment (except 1 person where it crashes during startup)

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] VPM handling 4.67+