All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

The Story of the Xbox (Complete Series)

tthurman

I still play mine from time to time. Still have games that I haven't played to completion and even a few that I haven't played at all. 

I have the original Xbox, 2 360s - one white, the other a Xbox 360 Elite Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 edition (bought for $50), and an Xbox One Battlefield One edition. I may or may not get a Series X. 

I finally got around to jail-breaking mine a few years ago. It's still an emulation beast and XBMC monster!

Initially I was indifferent to the XBSX and PS5, but I have been converted. Many of my OG XBOX games will work and the 360 list is pretty good. I skipped the 360 generation entirely and the games are dirt cheap now, so this is looking like a good deal. There are some blarring omissions, like Dino crisis 3 and jet set radio future, but that's what my OG XB is for. The reason I skipped the 360 was the RROD issues. I've looked into trying to get a later model 360, but decided the series x was the better value. It may not have perfect compatibility, but it's impressive and there's a good list to get my feet wet.

I actually really want a PS5 now too, for the PS4 backwards compatibility. It's the biggest selling feature IMO. I have 2 working CECHA01 model "Fat" PS3s. These are fully backwards compatible and in good shape. The second is my backup! Both are well cared for and will not be experiencing a YLOD if I can help it (and I can)! So with 2 consoles I'll have the entire PlayStation ecosystem! And with the XBSX, I'll have access to a good chunk of the XB ecosystem. That's alot of games for just 3 consoles! Even though there aren't very many SX and PS5 games yet, they have a large back catalog to explore.