All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Star Wars: Squadrons

tthurman

• 2 weeks later...

OOoooo!  Dammit, another reason for me to blow money.  I don't even have a desk.  If I could get that replacement power cable for my Sidewinder Force Feedback 2, and another $40 for the game, I'd be right there.  But, I'm still struggling to get back on my feet after those back to back surgery bills totally $1500 (originally $48k, thanks to patient financial assistance) and a lapsed car payment.  I'm lucky to have about $14 in my bank right now.  BUT.. it's a Star Wars game, and I'll have it eventually.  I just wish Xbox One X could have some kind of VR.  I've never experienced VR, the cost has just been to high for me.  But this is a game that looks like it was designed for it.  <sigh> If only I had more money.

@Draco1962I seem to recall you saying you have this controller.  Any chance you could test it for me to confirm it works?  If not, I'm gonna have to come up with even MORE money to get a decent stick and throttle setup. 

4 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

.@Draco1962I seem to recall you saying you have this controller.  Any chance you could test it for me to confirm it works?  If not, I'm gonna have to come up with even MORE money to get a decent stick and throttle setup. 

You may be able to buy a replacement power cord for less than shipping costs. 

https://www.condorsoaring.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18914#p163422

Per that link, "Power cord is a standard IEC C7 type, non polar" 

Here's one online that is 15 feet long for $5.46

https://www.signalandpower.com/products/usa-nema-1-15p-to-iec-c7

You may even be able to find one locally at Best Buy or Lowes.

Well, my Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS One for Xbox One and PC works a treat so far in the first training exercise in story mode on my Xbox One S. It is very responsive and will take some getting used to vs. the Xbox One controller.

I have the TFRP Flight Rudder Pedals but they are not functional for this game.

I'm still (reluctantly) holding out on buying the game.  It just came out, and reviews are tough to negotiate.  Graphics are top notch but game play is suffering.  There's no way to "partner" with your friends on the same team, etc..  I've also been seeing a lot of gripe about the length of the game, that it's really short, and explains the low $40 cost.  I don't get a lot of play time, and when I do, I prefer single player campaign play.  Online play is always full of elitists who won't let you play and enjoy the game.  That's the part I hate about Star Wars Battlegrounds 2.  The game is absolutely gorgeous, but unless you're a seasoned veteran with the best upgrades in the game, you have no chance of competing, and that makes it impossible to reach that same level (without micro transactions [I know, they said THIS game doesn't have that]).  I'll wait a bit and see if the negative reviews die down and some positivity comes out. 

I do like that controller @Draco1962.  I was reading some of the negative Amazon reviews.  Looks like it's a flop.  All plastic with no weight or substance, and the throttle doesn't "stick", and the joystick will wiggle when you're not holding it.  I also don't see any mentions of any Haptic technology.  Not necessarily a reversing force feedback, but not even a rumble/vibration?  Might have to pass.  But it also looks like the only current controller that's compatible with Xbox. 

At the price point and with dual platform compatibility, I think it is decent buy. Overall, many more positive reviews for playing Elite Dangerous and Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown for Xbox One.

To get into metal housings, haptic responses, and force feedback, you could easily spend 3x or more. 

I have seen some complaints regarding low frame rates for the PC version. I haven't noticed any problems with the Xbox One so far.

On 9/30/2020 at 12:33 AM, Draco1962 said:

You may be able to buy a replacement power cord for less than shipping costs. 

https://www.condorsoaring.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18914#p163422

Per that link, "Power cord is a standard IEC C7 type, non polar" 

Here's one online that is 15 feet long for $5.46

https://www.signalandpower.com/products/usa-nema-1-15p-to-iec-c7

You may even be able to find one locally at Best Buy or Lowes.

Received today and tested.. IT'S ALIVE!

1st pic is of the original. 2nd pic the ends of both, new on the left. 3rd pic is proof of life!

20201003_114752.jpg

20201003_114840.jpg

20201003_115127.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 10:33 AM, hansolo77 said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015UXVBPO/

Says it's for Mac Mini but it looks like the right plug.  It's only $3.59 right now and I have Amazon Prime for free shipping.  Think it'll work?

@hansolo77Did you ever get the replacement power cord and test your stick?

I watched a review for the game. The single player campaign looks fun, but it's pretty short and feels like an after thought to the online multiplayer aspect. I get it, that's their cash cow, but I don't care as much about online experiences as I do about single player campaigns. Kinda poisoned my desire to get it.