All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Nothing but trouble....

eswift88

Hey All,

I'm getting nothing but slow loading, crashes, blank load screens that never load and then I cant get out of Pinballx and have to reboot, backglass freezing while scrolling through the few tables I loaded, table browsing is horribly sluggish switching between tables or it just crashes. Had very little success with this software everyone thinks is just so easy.

All my tables are VPX tables, load is 10.6 Virtual Pinball followed the setup video to get all my Pinup system and PUP video working great freezy DMD and ultra DMD... I'm running a brand new Dell, G5, 1660 TI, i5 intel 4Ghz, 8 Gig of ram All virus software disabled .. 2 Screen cabinet 4k playfield 1080P backglass... All my tables work perfect if I just launch out of the Vpin tables folder and not use PinballX...  I'm currently back to PinX being un-installed trying to wipe it and start clean will the simple uninstall alone do that or are there any other areas to wipe out manually? I've also completely removed McAfee, it was disable and didn't seem to interfere with PinUP but for this 2nd try i'll pull it completely... Also should I be using "file matching" seems to be pushing matches that are not working for me?  What is the "working folder" too?  Lastly which Exe should I set PinX to use to start the tables VPinballX or Vpinball995

PinballX doesn't keep much carbage behind on files or registry.

After uninstalling, check if your pinballx directory is removed you can deletr it afterwards and in the registry only hkcu\software\pinballx . But that doesn't  hurt to leave that.

If you have trouble launchin ponballx, please provide us what @Draco1962 asked :pinballx.ini and log.txt as attachment.

The log file will overwrite each time, so make sure you send the file after you experience the issue

6 hours ago, eswift88 said:

table browsing is horribly sluggish

You may have Use DirectB2S enabled in the front end settings. As previous posts, we'll need to see your pinballx.ini file.

Also should I be using "file matching" seems to be pushing matches that are not working for me

For me, i'd say no - disable it.

What is the "working folder" too?  Lastly which Exe should I set PinX to use to start the tables VPinballX or Vpinball995

VPX tables so use vpinballx.exe. Settings for VP system should look something like this (depending on install path);

image.png.00c923c26881284ba63bd443b0b66491.png

Thanks guys for all the suggestions and info, I must say this is a helpful community! I was just kinda shocked I was having so much issues with this software that people say is pretty easy...  

So re-installed PinballX after I uninstalled, removed MacAfee completely, and deleted the PinballX folder. But still having issues currently with southpark.  Loading the table and it goes to a black screen and locks up the computer? This was happening with simpsons too till I removed it and didn't use file matching and loaded no wheel and didn't import anything. here is the ini/log

log.txt PinballX.ini

3 hours ago, eswift88 said:

these logs are right after the crash without rebooting alt tab got me out and then program crashed but it kills my start bar which is weird too,  doesn't seem to show anything about southpark loading or failing

log.txt 1.64 kB · 1 download PinballX.ini 10.84 kB · 0 downloads

When does it actually crashes ? Log file indeed doesn't show anything that you launch something. 

Is it the video that are unsupported ? 

Is there an eventlog entry that shows the crash (application log)?

https://kb.blackbaud.com/articles/Article/75433

little hard to check/investigate with no errors

Agreed, very strange issue thanks for the reply's and help....  Well here is what I've done and it seems to be working and stable now, with much better browsing speed and loading the few tables it was crashing on before.... I've turned off add missing tables, turned off file match, I've turned on the B2s in front end, I'm not using the select buttons in game manager to load tables, only import table and copying the exact file name over for Game and description, and loading bare minimum for media maybe a wheel and an playfield image if it finds it... gonna be a long slow night

15 hours ago, eswift88 said:

I've turned on the B2s in front end,

Just reread the post and noticed this. I'd expect navigation in pinballx to be a lot quicker and smoother with that option off (so pinballx is only loading a video rather than the backglass), that is what i was suggesting to check - not to turn it on. It sounds like you have something else going on . Make sure you don't have any compatibilty settings set for pinballx as suggested by Tom, and reinstall lav filters from https://www.pinballx.com/