All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] I can't load this table AVATAR

starac

Looks like you have two Avatar tables in your C:\games\Visual Pinball\Tables folder. Are you saying you should only have one (which one)?

Can you post your 'pinball 10.xml' file too, should be in pinballx\databases\pinball 10\ folder

If you use Database manager, it can show you what files are obsolete (checking on filenames that are not exists in your directory anymore).

Not to get you away from gamemanager, but a handy feature that @scutters and I build in ...

See downloads section

• Like 1

The xml shows you have an entry for Avatar (2012 ;

<game name="Avatar (Stern 2012">
        <description>stern</description>
        <rom></rom>
        <manufacturer></manufacturer>
        <year></year>
        <type></type>
        <hidedmd>True</hidedmd>
        <hidetopper>True</hidetopper>
        <hidebackglass>True</hidebackglass>
        <enabled>True</enabled>
        <rating>0</rating>
    </game>

Remove that entry (in game manager or edit the xml file in notepad), and then add Avatar (2010) as new. Make sure you don't leave the description field blank. If you get the error again post another picture, but move the Confirm lose Changes message box away from the Game Manager window so we can see the new entry.

.. and as @Mike_da_Spike suggests you may want to try pinballx database manager instead of the standard game manager, https://www.gameex.info/forums/files/file/2499-pinballx-database-manager/

• Like 2