All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] PinballX Database Manager 24.09.06.0 (supports Touch Play as well)

Mike_da_Spike

Thank you for responding.   I have attached one of my old database files for reference,   This was for the VP with PM5 subsection.  All of tables, for all emulators, are in the same folder.  The Corvette table mentioned in the first entry is structured as follows:

C:\Pintables

...\Corvette-Bally-1994

...\Corvette FS (Physmod5) Version 2.vpt

Last night, I tried on my new pincab (just to be sure) I renamed one of the tables that I had already added into the database.  I changed then name of the table to abcdefg.vpx and it still loaded just fine.

The files in the media are in the proper "visual Pinball 9.9 PM5" subdirectory to match the PM5 emulator that I had created.  The files for the "Corvette" table are listed with the name:  Corvette (Midway 1994).png.

Apparently the media files are keyed off the Description field in my configuration.

Visual Pinball 9.9 PM5.xml

Just one more quick thought.  I have used the PBXRecorder ( I think that was the name) to generate the media and in the last version I had, it was able to parse down the subdirectories and generate the media files automatically.  A big help...   

I'm not sure the ability can be added here, but I thought I would mention it.  I will try the subdiretory as the file name a little later.  I had hoped it would auto-add, but I realize that it would a massive change to how it is currently being done.

Again, thanks for responding.

21 hours ago, allheart said:

Thank you for responding.   I have attached one of my old database files for reference,   This was for the VP with PM5 subsection.  All of tables, for all emulators, are in the same folder.  The Corvette table mentioned in the first entry is structured as follows:

C:\Pintables

...\Corvette-Bally-1994

...\Corvette FS (Physmod5) Version 2.vpt

Last night, I tried on my new pincab (just to be sure) I renamed one of the tables that I had already added into the database.  I changed then name of the table to abcdefg.vpx and it still loaded just fine.

The files in the media are in the proper "visual Pinball 9.9 PM5" subdirectory to match the PM5 emulator that I had created.  The files for the "Corvette" table are listed with the name:  Corvette (Midway 1994).png.

Apparently the media files are keyed off the Description field in my configuration.

Visual Pinball 9.9 PM5.xml 2.8 kB · 0 downloads

Checking your xml file, I don't see any subdirectory in it.
I only see the name and the description. 

<game name="Corvette-Bally-1994">
		<description>Corvette (Midway 1994)</description>
		<rom></rom>
		<manufacturer>Midway</manufacturer>
		<year>1994</year>
		<type>SS</type>
		<hidedmd>True</hidedmd>
		<hidetopper>True</hidetopper>
		<hidebackglass>True</hidebackglass>
		<enabled>True</enabled>
		<rating>0</rating>
	</game>

So you are saying that PBX takes the first VPX/VPT file in the directory ? 
Thats a bit tricky for our program. I think we cannot help you with that request - sorry -
EDIT: I still you can use our program, but your tables will all be marked as obsolete
Because you folder name os the Table name.
but, features like "VP table info",  "Table versions", New tables and obsolete tables won't work.
So you will have the same features as gamemanager will offer you (only our program is a bit faster :P )  

21 hours ago, allheart said:

Just one more quick thought.  I have used the PBXRecorder ( I think that was the name) to generate the media and in the last version I had, it was able to parse down the subdirectories and generate the media files automatically.  A big help...   

I'm not sure the ability can be added here, but I thought I would mention it.  I will try the subdiretory as the file name a little later.  I had hoped it would auto-add, but I realize that it would a massive change to how it is currently being done.

Again, thanks for responding.

For creating media, we use the API from PBX.
We didn't built our own stuff. So if you use PBXrecorder to create your media, just use that one :) 
I even thought that @scutters is using PBXrecorder, but I stay with the build in PinballX recorder (so, I can capture with NVDIA  capture on 4k and 60fps)

Thanks for looking at my files.  Yes, the game  name is the directory name itself.  

I've been using the program for filling in some of the data fields and it has been working.  Still trying to understand the BU file.  It looks like the pinballx xml file is not getting updated, just the bu.  I will go back and read this entire thread.  I seem to recall an explanation in there.

Thanks again.

• Mike_da_Spike changed the title to [APP] PinballX Database Manager 20.12.25.0

@scutters and I just released our latest version (20.12.25.0).
Special thanks to  Jérôme AIZIER and @barto107 for taking care of the French translation !
Also special thanks for Oliver who changed the German language (and found some English typos as well :D )   

For easy install, we created a setup file with Inno Setup (Inno Setup Downloads (jrsoftware.org)) to easily install or de-install database manager
After first install, it knows the install path for 2nd time (if you don't de-install the program in between)

Also added some extra features that where requested.

Also a small anniversary version, because exactly one year ago in this week, the first code was typed into Visual Studio and in the meantime a lot of releases without breaking anybody's PinballX setup !

Enjoy all and have a Merry Christmas !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Special thanks to  Jérôme AIZIER and @barto107 for taking care of the French translation !
Also special thanks for Oliver who changed the German language (and found some English typos as well :D )   

Thanks for the translations and spotting my typos guys!

And thanks Mike for sorting out the installer.

Happy Christmas to all!

:cheers:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@allheart

Can you attach the pinballx log file after launching that VP9 PM5 Corvette table and your pinballx ini file?

Note -I don't think we'll be able to add your setup to Database Manager, this is just for my own curiosity as i don't know how your current setup actually works!. Maybe it's something to do with the file matching flag in PinballX, but i haven't been able to launch a table in a subfolder (using subfolder as game name) with that flag on, so maybe not..

What other way do you mean ?

Deleted tables are marked as obsolete. This is easy to filter and delete with 1 click.

We dont have a way to "bulk" delete. This was done on purpose,  so you cannot make by mistake a delete and remove all (also media etc)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

What other way do you mean ?

Deleted tables are marked as obsolete. This is easy to filter and delete with 1 click.

We dont have a way to "bulk" delete. This was done on purpose,  so you cannot make by mistake a delete and remove all (also media etc)

mike-da-spike___pinball.png

Also try  PinballX Database manager as an alternative way for gamemanger

thanks for your answer, yes I meant bulk delete.

I moved all the pre 80's tables to another location and I wanted to remove them from the DB (a few hundreds of tables)

To be honest,  I'm struggling with the same.

I want to split EM and SS tables.

I have 900+ vpx tables.

The xml can be imported easily to excell. From there yiy can do a filter and have all the tables that needs to be deleted.

If you have that list, you can add a "del " in front of it and run it in that directory. 

Maybe a 5 minute thing, but it helps you

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 4:22 PM, Blamer said:

thanks for your answer, yes I meant bulk delete.

I moved all the pre 80's tables to another location and I wanted to remove them from the DB (a few hundreds of tables)

Next release will have also a multi delete option in it.
Can be used with (advanced) filter and you can delete multiple tables at the time
Something like this :
image.png.04f0f530249c4cccac8d4f5b4c25a320.png

@scuttersalready made some adjustments for a new release, but we are awaiting for @Tom Speirs if he releases a new version of PBX that makes SWF files obsolete (and we need to adjust that as a well in our tool)

• Like 2

• Mike_da_Spike changed the title to [APP] PinballX Database Manager 21.1.31.0

Version 21.1.31 released
This version contains some bug fixes, a new feature to delete multiple tables at once (thanks to @Blamer for the request), updated IPDB list, 3 new Unicode characters. These can be used for example to set difficulties on a table, and with the filter option, you can create filters for it and use it in PBX.
Thanks to @scutterswho did a hell of a job for this release again (thanks buddy !)
Just check th eversion out

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, fluffhead35 said:

I am not quite sure how to create a table video.  I have ffmpeg in the right place, the table launches, then what do I do from there?  I feel like I am missing something.

The table should should exit after the recording completes, you shouldn't need to do anything but wait!

Edit - if the table isn't exiting or you're having another issue then please attach the pinballx and the database manager log and ini files.

9 hours ago, fluffhead35 said:

I am not quite sure how to create a table video.  I have ffmpeg in the right place, the table launches, then what do I do from there?  I feel like I am missing something.

We use the PinbalX method to capture.

As Scutters say, if table launches, but video isn't created, attach logfiles of Pinballx and Databasemanager after the issue occurs. Also the settings file of pinballx and database manager.

Post all as attachment 

Btw. Which button do you use for creating table videos ? Bulk, or normal ? And for what system you are trying to capture it ?

I am using the normal button to create videos for a VPX table.  The table launched just fine and this time I just left the table running while I ate dinner, after waiting for a while the table was just still running, so I did a Q Q and hand to quit out of Visual Pinball but the videos this time were captured.  It seems that something is not triggering the VPX to be killed once the video has been completed.  I just tried it one more time to get the logs, and this time it worked like a champ.  I think the issue is that my CPU is a little under-powered to be doing a ffmpeg video encode and I am not being patient.  So seems like the issue is of course stupid user error.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, fluffhead35 said:

I am using the normal button to create videos for a VPX table.  The table launched just fine and this time I just left the table running while I ate dinner, after waiting for a while the table was just still running, so I did a Q Q and hand to quit out of Visual Pinball but the videos this time were captured.  It seems that something is not triggering the VPX to be killed once the video has been completed.  I just tried it one more time to get the logs, and this time it worked like a champ.  I think the issue is that my CPU is a little under-powered to be doing a ffmpeg video encode and I am not being patient.  So seems like the issue is of course stupid user error.

It might be worth trying shorter video recordings in your case. You can configure the length in pinballx settings.exe under the video recordings section, seconds to record. (note the minimum is 15 seconds there, but if you edit the pinballx\config\pinballx.ini you can actually select lower values like 5 under the [VideoCapture] section 'Seconds=' field)

There is also the FTP of course with a load of pre-recorded videos you can download via database manager once configured. They may not match you table setup exactly though if you have a different version or have changed POV etc.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, I have totally been using the FTP service.  It is amazing and has a ton of content.  For this table there was not backglass and playfield information for it.  I guess I can upload that to the ftp server to help out people now that I have a capture of it.  I will setup the system for shorter videos as that is a great idea.  That never really crossed my mind.

• Mike_da_Spike changed the title to [APP] PinballX Database Manager 21.03.15.0

@scutters and I (My part was not that big) updated version to 21.03.15.0

Some extra features I really like
Like  "deleting media" option, that  will delete files to recycle bin, instead of deleting them from system (in case of an "oops" moment). 
With this, we extended the multi delete option that we introduced in the previous version (21.01.31.0). that can now also delete the media when multiple tables are selected,
Scutters  is into APNG, and extended all media types that can show APNG files in PBX  into database manager as well
Scutters also found that if you change a rating in PBX, that Databasemanager will prompt you about changes that where made outside the program. 
We corrected this as well
And also fix a feature/bug that only happen in rare cases .
I hope you enjoy it !

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, i’ve been using this awesome tool for about a year now and love it!!   You’ve saved me so much time and had made managing tables fun and easy.   Thank you mikethespike and scutters!  

The #1 reason I use this tool is for quick media download.  I’m a lifetime gameex member and would love to see it’s library of media improve.   I would say the gameex FTP service gets me 50-75% of the media I require for my 3-screen cab just by using the tool’s media download feature.   Sometimes I still get no media when adding tables (example I just recently I added the spongebob table, not a single media match on gameex FTP).    Pretty much for every table I have added in my experience I have had to find media from other sources or create the missing media myself.   After I do this, i’m happy with my table media and I move on.   However, didn’t I just do media work where the community can benefit from?   Have you considered a gameex FTP media upload feature?  I would love to be able to right click a media type in the interface and upload to share what I have done.  I realize there are file naming convention standards that gameex FTP requires otherwise I’m not too familiar with the standards.   Perhaps only allow uploads of media where IPDB info was imported?  Perhaps there are other media standards that can be technically enforced (like video length and file sizes)?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1