All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] PinballX Database Manager 24.09.06.0 (supports Touch Play as well)

Mike_da_Spike

Another thought.. I'm right now updating wheels...  I typically lke to use higher quality over lower, so I'm using windows copy to identify when icon has larger file size so I know which to replace, especially in combination with the side by side visual preview of the two files...  Then I write them down on a list, e.g. Team America in this screenshot... then I go back and swap them after the copy since this is part of a bulk operation copying 200+ icons and I want to copy all...  (I could simply overwrite, but I wan't to have the backup in case I don't like the new icon as much as I thought I would...)

Anyways.. food for thought...

copy.png

• 2 weeks later...

Update on media audit for the next version..

After some thought a batch file to clean up unused media has issues (if duplicate media is found with different formats mp4 & flv etc) the app won't know which to delete and manual intervention is required. So we won't build a .bat file to clean up media as part of the audit function.

But, we will be adding more data to the audit , file size info, as well as a 'used' media section to go with the 'unused' section. The sections won't be csv but should be importable to excel as tsv (tab separated), as that is more readable for people who don't want to import to excel. @johnwillsey hopefully the file size information might be of some assistance to you for media comparisons. 

• Like 1

i found a bug in v1.6, i dont't test it if it is still there in the 1.7 because i corrected my system before upgrading to 1.7

if you got 2 tables, one in an old system (vpinbal 8 or 9 , table ended with .vpt) and one with the SAME NAME but ended in .vpx , you will get an error when you try to launch the table from PBM "vpinball cannot launch this table version". you also get the error if you try to make videos of the table.

i use 'alternate exe' for vpx table and normal launch for vpt table

seem that PBM try to use the old exe to launch the vpx instead of the alternate exe

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, vothar said:

i found a bug in v1.6, i dont't test it if it is still there in the 1.7 because i corrected my system before upgrading to 1.7

if you got 2 tables, one in an old system (vpinbal 8 or 9 , table ended with .vpt) and one with the SAME NAME but ended in .vpx , you will get an error when you try to launch the table from PBM "vpinball cannot launch this table version". you also get the error if you try to make videos of the table.

i use 'alternate exe' for vpx table and normal launch for vpt table

seem that PBM try to use the old exe to launch the vpx instead of the alternate exe

Thanks for letting us know @vothar, we didn't know about the issue so it hasn't been addressed in 1.7. 

We'll look into it!

nop because il aready corrected my base but it's simple...  and i think it's a pinballX bug, not a PBM one.  no alternateexe : Pinballx use the exe vpinball.exe, (and it launch all my VPT table) , alternateexe = VpinballX.exe and i use it for all my VPX table...

now if you have a table.VPT and table.VPX  (same name) and 2 entry in the database, one for each table, it seem than PBX always use the base EXE (no alternate exe) to launch the table without checking the file type  or perhaps, it use the only first entry in the database (as my .vpt are before my .VPX )

Small birthday update (yes today it is)
A feature I wanted for a longer time, but forgot to build it.
A notification when a new version is available. Clickable on the icon next to settings and you can read the release notes of it
image.thumb.png.029222b3360afd4c8fb31613c7230f64.png

image.png.548ec970f471bfc8e60ecb91c3935fe5.png

It's a new feature from 1.7.1 , so any new feature you will be notified !

• Like 2

@scutters did mostly all the work for this release.
He had the idea of using the google sheet from Dux Retro and add it to the IPDB list for the original tables and to do a check if a newer version was available.
Thanks mate for this wonderful release.

image.png.47c256af5615640134b86560f95b6410.png

Please, if you download the program and you like it, please give as a 5 star rate on the download page.
this will give me and @scutters the satisfaction of users that like our work :)  .

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, djshal said:

Nevermind, I'm a idiot lol. Figured it out, Had use b2s in frontend in setup wizard, disabled that fixed it, but now one last thing, my table preview in pbx menu is upside down, any thoughts?

In Pinballx settings, check your display settings, main display rotation value.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:
9 hours ago, djshal said:

ive tried all 3 settings and no matter what i do the pic behind game is upside down

Pic behind game ? 

What do you mean exactly?

@djshal Please create a report of the issue as a new post in the pinballx general forum (as i suspect this has nothing to with the database manager app). Don't forget to attach your pinballx config.ini and log.txt files, and also describe the issue as well as you can as Mike suggests because i'm not sure what you mean either - attaching a screenshot of the issue might help too.

Thanks!

Version 20.0.18.0 released
(we switched over to another way of version number, so it is easy to see when the version is released)

@scutters and I worked on big changes in this release !
What do you think about our resizable form ?
Or that we added a Unicode pallet for the description field ?
We also changed a lot of code to save the settings from registry to a settings file, so you can backup this file, or copy it to another system.

And a big thanks to @Tom Speirs for adding our custom fields to PinballX (version 4.54)
Scutters and I where already busy to create custom filters.
Also saved in a INI file, but it would generate an XML.
I was very surprised that Tom released PBX version 4.50 with the same idea we had.
Tom added our custom fields to PBX as as well within a day, so we could easily integrated our idea and use the defaults of PinballX
Because we are not programmers, it took a longer time for testing and releasing this version of database manager:) 

• Thanks 1