All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] PinballX Database Manager 24.09.06.0 (supports Touch Play as well)

Mike_da_Spike

16 hours ago, GAH1068 said:

@Mike_da_Spike - is there a way to determine why the new DB manager warns about the XML being modified outside program.     It appears only to be doing this on my main VPX list and one of my VP9 lists.      I attached them just in case.   Not sure if this is due to a invalid character in a table name or something stupid like that.     List appears to be fine in standard game manager.

Visual Pinball.xml 128.48 kB · 0 downloads Visual Pinball 9.xml 3.65 kB · 0 downloads

Do you modify your xml with a tool/script outside the our program ? During writing we create an extra file with extension .bu . If during load we see that the xml is newer than the .bu file, we warn with the popup. 

A failure in the xml load should (invalid char) be errored in the (action) log.

So. It looks that outside database manager your xml is changed. Maybe check the 2 files on timestamp when you got the warning.

We made this in case you loaded gamemanager and save it and loose a lot of custom settings we added

1 hour ago, johnwillsey said:

Wow, fantastic improvements over the past few releases.  Nice work guys!

I have a question or two... I decided to re-record all my DMDs with the cool new feature to bulk record.

Are there any setting adjustments for this?

For instance, some of my stern DMDs are recorded at the full dimension set in my PinballX config.  Some are recorded at what appear to be the same width but with the top/bottom cropped off because it is all Black??  I'm wondering if there is an ffmpeg setting being used that tries to crop black sides/tops.  I checked my regex and the x,y,height,width are identical for ACDC and Avatar, but the recorded height dimensions are totally different. 

I have a full size LCD DMD and my ACDC has black area top/bottom so when played back it looks "normal" but avatar does not so during playback it gets vertically stretched.

If those settings were tweakable somewhere I wanted to experiment.

Thanks again for the great util. 

Oh, I used the obsolete flags to do some cleanup I didn't realize I needed to do and had missed about 15 table updates.  Totally Cool.

Then I did bulk FTP update and got a bunch of missing instructions I didn't know were available.  Fantastic!

thanks for the compliments!.

The createvideo part is created by PinballX itself. Our tool just ask to pinballx to record it with the settings from your pinballx.ini

You can try to test it in gamemanager as well. This should use the exact same APzi

If it is still not recording correctly,  best way is to open a thread in general Section, so Tom can look at it

Btw.  Also use the media audit button to check unnecessary fikes in media. With that list you can properly cleanup a lot of media as well !

Advanced filtering to slice/dice is totally awesome.. Request there.. Could the bulk actions be applied to the current filtered list vs all enabled tables?

hmmm.. we just wanted to do bulk on the complete list and reset the filters during bulk actions.

What kind of bulk actions did you have in mind on filtered objects ? 

We also have single buttons, that will do it per table

e.g. I'd like to filter on tables of type SS and record DMDs vs All tables

Then EM tables where DMD is set to show so that I can capture the backglass DMD for the EM tables that have it.

or to get really fancy and re-record my 1080p playfields with 4k, but not redo all my 4k captures, that would require either filter by modified date, or by the file 'frame width' data (can be enabled for display in windows explorer)

or to get really fancy and re-record my 1080p playfields with 4k, but not redo all my 4k captures, that would require either filter by modified date, or by the file 'frame width' data (can be enabled for display in windows explorer)

For bulk videos we cannot do a lot. As I mentioned before, we just use the PBX api for it.

The best and simplest option for you would be to use the explorer button that will get you to the correct folder.

Select indeed the height and weight or select on date created/modified. And delete these entries. With bulk videos, only select missing tables and those will be re-created. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GAH1068 said:

I must have been editing in original game manager.  I  removed the .Bu files and warning went away.    Thanks for heads up @Mike_da_Spike

No problem @GAH1068. Be aware that you loose all manually added fields we added when using gamemanager. Thats why we save the .bu file (and if you save it again, the bu file will be overwritten)

hello...

seem i found a very nasty bug in DBM (bug appear in version 1.4.3. i updated in 1.5.1 but it didn't remove the bug)

step before bug:

I use DBM to remove a table from front end (unchecked option 'Table unabled in front end'). all was working. i exit DBM

i launch pinball X... i'm in the 'all table list' , all is fine, all buttons Ok

now, i move to 'Favorite Table' (or any other list other than  'All tables') , all the button are ok APART pageup / pagedown : Now, if i do a PageUp, insted of moving to the next first letter in the table list, it do nothing (but i can heard the normal sound of the flipper)

If i do a PageDown, no sound and pinballX exit without any warning...

in the log of PBX, i get the following error

12:56:01.08  2020-05-11:  Error. Exiting
12:56:01.08  2020-05-11:  Video

12:56:01.08  2020-05-11:  L'index se trouve en dehors des limites du tableau.   (english : The index is outside the limits of the table. )
12:56:01.08  2020-05-11:     à PinballX.FrmMain.ab()
12:56:01.08  2020-05-11:     à PinballX.FrmMain.ax()
12:56:01.08  2020-05-11:     à PinballX.FrmMain..ctor()

12:56:01.08  2020-05-11:  Disposing Plugins
12:56:01.08  2020-05-11:  Showing Taskbar
12:56:01.42  2020-05-11:  Unhiding Mouse Cursor
12:56:01.42  2020-05-11:  Bye

it seem that the removing of the table didn't update an index somewhere that pinballX use to move from Letter to letter ( table beginning with A, beginning with B etc... ) .

the problem is not here ONLY if you use the list 'All tables'

not sure if this is a pbx or a dbm issue.

Can you zip your database directory and post it, so we can check ? I never seen this error.

Please also your PinballX.ini and the log.txt (complete) when issue occurs 

Thanks

Hi @vothar

Thanks for the files and the info.

Can you confirm my understanding is correct...  you disabled (not deleted) a table in database manager, and then in pinballx when paging in any list other than 'All Tables'  the  error occurs?

Also, which table was disabled, and under which system?

yes, you understanding is perfect.

i have only one system : visual pinball

the table was 'goldeneye.vpt'  (NOT the .vpx versiion )

BUT i think i deleted the table afterward to see if the problem is not linked / to corrected the problem. So i think this table is not here anymore in the database (all the table with 'VPX-' use an alternate EXE to launch vpx. the other use older vpinball version. the one i removed was an old table (no alternate exe)

And after that, i try to do a lot of thing to remove this awfull bug.... so the database is not in an ideal state. the bug is in.

22 minutes ago, vothar said:

BUT i think i deleted the table afterward to see if the problem is not linked / to corrected the problem. So i think this table is not here anymore in the database (all the table with 'VPX-' use an alternate EXE to launc vpx. the other use all vpinball version. the one i removed was an old table (no alternate exe)

That's what was confusing me then - i was looking for a disabled table!

I can recreate the error using your current database files (with the table deleted), i will try to reproduce using my own database files with just having a table disabled next. I think it's because the table you disabled (then deleted) was on your favourites list.

Edit - sorry, still investigating

I think it's because the table you disabled (then deleted) was on your favourites list.

yes it was :mellow:

edit: i even try to rebuild (delete and redo) the statistics.ini file but the bug was still there, even if i only put 4 or 5 tables in favorite

10 hours ago, vothar said:

yes it was :mellow:

edit: i even try to rebuild (delete and redo) the statistics.ini file but the bug was still there, even if i only put 4 or 5 tables in favorite

I tested it with my system, but don't get the issue you have.
But using indeed your files, my PBX is even crashing when browsing through the favorites tables....
Still checking ....

Ok. It costs me more than 2 hours. It is not a DBM issue, but a user issue :P 

All your favorite table name description starts with vpx_
But if you have wheels image you don't see the difference between those names, only you see the wheel images
I could reproduce this issue on my test system by adding tables to my favorites only with names starting with the same character
So I added al lot of tables starting with a B , and I have the same. It can even crash PBX (by pressing multiple times the page-up, and down keys).
The crash should not happen, but you cannot scroll because all starts for PBX with the same character

I renamed you XML and removed the VPX- and also renamed all in statistics.ini and than it works like a charm
This is the zip file from above, but than working (and with all "vpx- " renamed)

Let me know if this is working for you

Databases.zip

@Tom Speirs

Tom, Is this something you can fix in PBX ? It is also happening with gamemanager entries.
Just add only tables with starting the same characters (and more that it should scroll)
When I go to Favorites, It shows all the tables. I can scroll through them, but if I hit the page-up key, PBX is crashing (see attached log)

log.txt

PinballX.ini

Visual Pinball.xml

Statistics.ini

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thanks Mike for your time. I understand the problem. in fact, after reading your explanation, i just added a dummy table in my favorite list with a name beginning with the letter 'A' and the probleme  is solved.

Now, the pageup-pagedown jump to the first table of the list.... it was the case when the 'GoldenEye' was in the list...

it was just a accident that the problem appear when i removed the only table with a differente start letter in my favorite list with DBM

Thank you very much for your help.

i think that the problem was corrected previously in PBX by Tom on the 'Page Up' case, but he forgot to corrected the 'page Down' case...

Took the plunge and loaded up this awesome program and man is it great.  Makes remaining my media a breeze. I do have a question sometimes the previews of the table and back glass do not play. Its hit or miss sometime some video media will play sometimes only table videos play. I can right click and click open and everything works. Any ideas. Did I miss a step?

11 minutes ago, PinCoop said:

Took the plunge and loaded up this awesome program and man is it great.  Makes remaining my media a breeze. I do have a question sometimes the previews of the table and back glass do not play. Its hit or miss sometime some video media will play sometimes only table videos play. I can right click and click open and everything works. Any ideas. Did I miss a step?

If you play it via right mouse click. Is it opening in Windows Media player ? 

What kind of video files doesn't play ? Can you post an example ? 

• 2 weeks later...

@scutters and I did it again !

We just released version 1.6 of PinballX Database Manager 
Some bug fixes are in this release, but also new features :

ALT shortcut keys added to all forms
Search filter more advanced (Search for all words individually now in all fields)
Added FX3 auto table adding and obsolete detect (when using steam)
Statistics file updated on change of table name or description. Entry will be removed on table delete
Advanced search added for Date added / modified and for search on favourites
Table default : Set your preferred settings for new tables
Added favourites to table form
Added read only fields Played Count and Seconds to table form
Group manager added in settings (add grouped list, rename or delete)
Custom Database files can be added/renamed removed in settings section

Big thanks to @scutters again. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

General question for anyone using the Media Audit function in database manager;

Are you happy with the results format or would you prefer (maybe as option) to output in some kind of format for e.g. excel or batch file use?

Any thoughts / suggestions welcome! Thanks.

Yes, that would be handy to identify gaps to do a .csv or xls sort of output.

Another thought I had last night was after I located 3 or 4 mega locations for wheel art.  Then I realized I liked one authors' style  better than others and I started wishing I could set the order of retrieval as well as choose if I wanted to overwrite existing art or not based on a prioritized retrieval sequence.

• Thanks 1