All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

There will be a quiz on this in the morning....

tthurman

<EDIT>  Draco has confirmed spoilers for Infinity War in this article!

Sorry guys, I read a bunch of it before becoming overwhelmed with the amount of info.  It looked like a good review of the movies leading up to the new one but admittedly I didn't think to check it for spoilers. 

The Complete Timeline of Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies

I've completely missed the Marvel boat. Since Iron man 2-3, avengers, all the other movies and TV series I just got burned out.

Is it worth investing the time to watch all those movies and TV series? I can't say I was ever into the comic books. I briefly collected trading cards as a kid, but never really knew the stories beyond watching a few cartoons (Spiderman, Batman (DC) and X-men was about it). I liked TNMT and Dragonball Z more. However, I suppose I could maybe get into this marvel universe thing.

EDIT:

Movie and TV show Chronology

One blaring thing I've noticed it the complete lack of X-men, fantastic four, and deadpool from this universe. Is there any explanation for that?

It could happen, just lot's of red tape I suppose.

http://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/film-and-tv-there-could-be-an-x-men-and-avengers-crossover-in-the-future-20171107

I loved the first Iron Man, the second one got too goofy for my taste with the third doing a decent job of redeeming things.   To me, the first of each of the solo flicks has been the best, Thor, Captian America, Iron Man...I haven't watched any of the TV series, but the movies are very much worth watching IMO.  I haven't seen Ragnarok or Black Panther yet but have it on good authority they are both among the best of the bunch.  My wife thought Black Panther was incredible.  

8 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

:facepalm: You guys make me cry.

I seem to remember you're a comic book guy, right? Or is it graphic novel? I never got exposed to that scene.

10 hours ago, tthurman said:

...I loved the first Iron Man, the second one got too goofy for my taste with the third doing a decent job of redeeming things.   To me, the first of each of the solo flicks has been the best, Thor, Captian America, Iron Man...I haven't watched any of the TV series, but the movies are very much worth watching IMO.  I haven't seen Ragnarok or Black Panther yet but have it on good authority they are both among the best of the bunch.  My wife thought Black Panther was incredible.  

I am curious to see how they play Chris Pratt and Robert Downy Jr. off one another in avengers. Two arrogant human characters without superpowers in a pissing contest. One a genius billionaire wielding technology derived solely of human ingenuity, the other wielding tech gleaned from a universe of aliens. One had to earn his knowledge, the other having to earn his experience...and so on. Would make for some hilarious banter and jabs. Probably worth seeing just for this.

I didn't care for the Thor movies. Spiderman has been remade so many times I just skipped the last incarnation. I think that's why I've been prejudice against the avenger movies. Really the only draw for me is Robert Downy Jr. His return from addiction was glorious in Iron Man. His unique brand of arrogance made him the perfect typecast for Stark. I think the recovery and worldly experience gave him depth and determination as a person (and consequently a better actor, although he was good before). I'd like to see him in more leading roles outside of the marvel context.

As for TV Series, I recommend Marvel's Iron Fist. It premiered in 2017 and won't have another season until 2019. ANNOYING AS HELL to have to wait 2 years between seasons. but their attention to quality and fitting into the marvel universe may account for the long wait. I'm not sure that's a price I'm interested in paying, but that's the trend with streaming series nowadays. Seriously though, 1 year is long enough. It better be Star Wars quality if I have to wait the same amount of time.

Actually Quill has abilities. He is half Celestial so has some of his dad's abilities in being able to manipulate matter and energy, not to mention being able to handle an Infinity Stone (the Power Stone).

But, that aside, you are correct. Both can be narcissistic, juvenile, arrogant douche bags with WAY too much testosterone.

On 4/28/2018 at 9:05 PM, Draco1962 said:

Actually Quill has abilities. He is half Celestial so has some of his dad's abilities in being able to manipulate matter and energy, not to mention being able to handle an Infinity Stone (the Power Stone).

But, that aside, you are correct. Both can be narcissistic, juvenile, arrogant douche bags with WAY too much testosterone.

Well...yeah, okay. "Tenhcnically" Except that in 2 he did kill his dad (planet) and the source of his immortality/powers. So now he's essentially just human. Do we even know if he can hold an infinity stone anymore? So besides having tech and skills, does he have any abilities anymore?