All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Windows 10, version 1709 coming soon

tthurman

New annoying popup for hitting Windows +G to get an array of crap I don't need during every game launch.   Need to figure out how to get rid of that.

Also, GameEx Arcade is now unstable and freezes either launching a game or within menu randomly.  Used to be able to edit my raster.ini file w/o issues.  Now it makes GameEx Arcade unstable.  I've copied my backups back to my C: drive but I still get freezes with it going through "All Games" and "Genres" menus.  When I can better put a finger on it I'll form a post describing what's up. 

It's sort of the classic computer troubleshooting question -- "What did you do before you had this problem?".  What I did was upgraded to 1709.

What prompted the crashes was innocently adjusting my raster.ini file.  Maybe notepad is doing something now to the files?  I'm at a loss at this point.

8 hours ago, b0rg9 said:

Also, GameEx Arcade is now unstable and freezes either launching a game or within menu randomly.  Used to be able to edit my raster.ini file w/o issues.  Now it makes GameEx Arcade unstable.  I've copied my backups back to my C: drive but I still get freezes with it going through "All Games" and "Genres" menus.  When I can better put a finger on it I'll form a post describing what's up. 

It's sort of the classic computer troubleshooting question -- "What did you do before you had this problem?".  What I did was upgraded to 1709.

What prompted the crashes was innocently adjusting my raster.ini file.  Maybe notepad is doing something now to the files?  I'm at a loss at this point.

Definitely open a new thread in the GameEx General forum with details and your log.txt and gameex.ini files for Arcade Edition. I am running the Fall Creator Update with AE and experiencing no issues. I am assuming you have a later version of MAME than I do as I cannot find that file on my system.  You should be able to revert back to the previous Win 10 version and maybe download it and reinstall to see if it may have just been a bad update. IDK.