All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Enter the RetroN 77

tthurman

I was reading about this.. apparently it suffers from the same problem as USB adapters do for the Paddle controller.  In that, it doesn't work.  They say 99% of the games work, and while they may still "run", not having paddle reduces that number.  I asked my dad, who owned the Sears model of the 2600, and said that as a BIG Atari fanboy himself, this does NOT entice him in the least to want to guy out and buy one.  But then again, he's not interested in anything anymore, other than being pinky whupped by my step mom.  I can't even excite him to play those old games even emulated.

My USB adapters work with paddles, driving controllers, BASIC keypad... in fact I bought 3 to have on multiple computers because I loved them so much. Check it out:

http://www.2600-daptor.com/

I also have the Vision-daptor for Intellivision controllers. True plug n play and you can use the flashback controllers too!

I almost bought one of those, but opted for a Mayflash instead.  I think it was down to cost and ease of compatibility.  Since I "rebuilt" my NintendoPi, I had envisioned being able to use both Atari joysticks as well as Sega game pads, all of which use DB9 plugs.  Through my research though, something convinced me it was the better way to go, and that the Paddle functionality was just something I was going to have to live without.  I think it had to do with the 2600 adaptor, while able to work with Paddles, it DIDN'T work with other devices like Sega... on the other hand the Vision Adaptor worked with a BUNCH of systems, but Paddles didn't work... Sega is the system I'm most familiar with, while Atari and Paddles is Dad's generation.  I may at one point decide to buy one of those, if just for paddle usage.  My NintendoPi has 4 available USB ports after all.  :)

• Like 1

Atari is "Dad's Generation"??? Calling me old ya whippersnapper?!?!

I didn't even take into account the Pi to be honest. I just know I bought mine for my GameEx Arcade Cabinet and they worked first time and every time. It does look like he's continuing his work on getting the drivers improved for the Pi so that's definitely a plus! I can personally vouch for these adapters so if he gets the drivers ironed out it'll be a perfect addition to a project setup.

• Like 1