All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Simulated "DMD" Marquee

Draco1962

Verion at the Attract Mode frontend forum created a brief video displaying an animated marquee that I found to be a cool idea for an arcade cab or pincab.

Now if I could just get my hands on some support files and video authoring software, and a shit-ton of time to master it...

That's pretty neat if you're into that kind of thing.  It's flashy, which I like.  I think I prefer a static marquee though.  This is specific for their front-end though.  I doubt it could be ported over to use in a full cab.

I think the concept could be ported. For example, Tom just enabled  "topper" support for PinballX. A similar feature for GameEx Arcade could be created  that would support for static and animated marquees that change with the games, just as the video snaps change when going through the menus. 

Of course, there is Marquee Masher from Stigzler, but I believe it supports static images only.

I came across this as I am trying to find information, templates, etc. for creating DMD-like images and videos for display with MAME games on the DMD monitor for my pincab.

1 hour ago, Draco1962 said:

I think the concept could be ported. For example, Tom just enabled  "topper" support for PinballX. A similar feature for GameEx Arcade could be created  that would support for static and animated marquees that change with the games, just as the video snaps change when going through the menus. 

Of course, there is Marquee Masher from Stigzler, but I believe it supports static images only.

Yerp - Marquee Masher does static images only. CPWizBiz, however, does videos/flash/gifs/scrollers etc. However, might be limited for changes to occur in GE as select different games. More for when you launch games (it constructs them on the fly on each run).

I'd be interested in what LCD he's using

6 hours ago, stigzler said:

I'd be interested in what LCD he's using

It's not what you think.. That IS the theme... the artwork changes on the monitor per game.  It's not a real machine you're looking at, just 1 game.  I'm probably wrong though, there probably is a machine somewhere they are using a photo of for their frame.  But yea, that's not real, just a separate layer on their theme.. the wheel images/list goes on the right.

Similar to what will be implemented in Evolution. What I am looking for is a means of creating DMD simulated still or animations as well as being able to have GameEx Arcade display on actual hardware, similar to the video.