All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Windows 7 re-installation timesaver

tthurman

So having reinstalled Win7 SP1 yesterday, I was reminded of the mind-numbing process of updating via Windows update.  The process could be so simplified if MS was less concerned about pushing Windows 10, and simply rolled out the convenience update via Windows update and tacked SP2 onto it. 

Instead, the seemingly endless cycle of search\download\install\reboot and repeat becomes an afternoon of pure joy :wacko:

If your faced with doing the same, you might want to check this out in order to shave of some of the repetitive tasks.

• Like 2

Yeah, I came across the same situation last year with a reload. I was not looking forward to the update-reboot-update cycle. When I found out that microsoft had started using monthly rollouts AND had one HUGE catch-up rollout (April 2016 I think), it made the whole process SO MUCH EASIER!

That's nice to see.  Too bad it's not listed as an optional update from the Windows Update utility..  By the time I need to reinstall it, I'll forget about this and go through the whole process again!

I would just download it somewhere, then if you have the iso for Windows 7, follow the directions on the page and inject the updates so that it is already setup should you need it.