All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

The Last CRT

Draco1962

Per an email I received from Xgaming:

ORDER NOW FOR CRT MONITOR!

The Authentic CRT Arcade Monitor option (see drop-down menu) featured in our arcade machine is no longer in production and we are down to the last remaining inventory. We should be running out by end of this month, so if you wish to own an authentic CRT monitor, please order immediately! We will shift to an LCD once our remaining stock is depleted. No companies are willing to produce any more CRT arcade monitors. First come, first serve.

:( Not really new news, but kinda hits home that we are reaching the end of an era.

Not surprising, but sad none the less.

I've been hanging onto my IBM P260 for years now.  It's got a lot of use, but only from a nights a weekends perspective, so it's likely got many miles left in it.  I always thought I'd build something MAME with it, but have always been concerned it was too high res.  Still, it would maintain the unique qualities only a CRT has.  Given what's occurring, I suppose I'll keep holding on to it.

Even with their drawbacks, it's undeniable that LCD technology has offered us abilities never before possible!  Hopefully advances in technology will eventually offer us the ability to accurately mimic the trusty CRT.