All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Steam not showing all games (Try 2)

Gamyr

This topic seems to pop up occasionally for one reason our another.

This has been reported to be one possible solution, and I recall others suggesting to reinstall games following the installation of GameEx.  That would obviously be a tremendous amount of work for you given the number of games you have.  Boy, I thought I collected games :D

Couldn't hurt to start launching some of those that aren't currently showing up inside of Steam, and seeing what shakes out afterwards while in GameEx.

Well, I just started Blender, and looked again, and it wasn't there. Also, renaming the .vdf and .ini files didn't work either. All my Steam games are on one drive that's not my boot drive, if that helps any. I guess I could try starting all the games one by one, but that'd take a while, and at least one game in my GameEx Steam list has never been played before as far as I can tell (Cities Skylines). Any other ideas? And thanks for the help, all of you. :)

Gamyr

1 hour ago, tthurman said:

Boy, I thought I collected games :D

Yeah, a lot of them were either ones I was wanting to try out, and on sale, or in packs, also on sale, or needed for Garry's Mod, some on sale.

You should see the number of games that some others I've heard about have on Steam, it's ridiculous,

But yeah, I'm a pack rat, aren't I? :P Just be glad you aren't seeing the games I have on disc, a lot of which don't work any more. :(.

Gamyr

Firstly, i would make sure your Steam drive has Admin access on your OS. It seems obvious right? But i've been here before. With Windows (especially) you need to give your current OS explicit Admin access to your Steam HDD. Whether it is a partition, a separate drive, an external, Windows needs permission.

GameEx can't access information that your own OS won't reveal ;)