All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Maybe if he had a job, or just mowed the lawn once in a while...

Draco1962

That "gamer" must have some serious issues.  I mean, for his dad to rely on such drastic measures to get his point across.  I've seen this video before.  But still, it makes you think.  How did he buy all these games and spend "hundreds of dollars" if he doesn't have a job?  Almost seems like a staged act.  I mean, who cradles and coddles an empty case like he did at the end?  And who howls like that if not for an act?  Still, if it's legit.. pretty messed up, but he deserved it.

They have a channel with other similar videos,  so a good bet it is staged. The "dad" needs to run himself over with the mower for not nipping son's issues in the bud before letting him grow up to become a whiny-ass leech. 

The sad reality is there are "real life " people and families like the ones portrayed in these videos. 

5 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

I believe it is a series of absurd videos as there are quite a few on YouTube in their channel with various similar scenarios. Sadly, there are people like this IRL.

My brother and I constantly fought playing Tecmo Bowl mostly because he's a cheating bastard and would use Oakland for the unstoppable Bo Jackson or New York to block every single P.A.T. One day my dad had enough after we unplugged the controllers and started beating each other with them. He took the NES outside and took a sledge hammer to it. Needless to say we were devastated. On the positive side since my brother bought the NES with his own money my mom made my dad buy a replacement. We did have to wait a few days, but we never fought over a video game again....while our parents were home anyway. 

And I bet now you guys are good pals.  That's the way it was with me and my brother all the time too.  Mortal Kombat was my game.  If he beat me I'd get so pissed I'd tackle him and beat the shit out of him.  Mom took the Sega away (put it in the cabinet over the fridge because we couldn't reach it).  It was devastating.  Especially since it was MY game that I bought, and I couldn't play it by myself.  Then later on we got a ping pong table in our basement.  We would play a lot after school.  Until he started getting better than me so I would always take my paddle and (edge side) bang it on the table to the point where it got dented.  If it wasn't that, then I was serving the ball really hard trying to hit him instead.  Then we couldn't play that anymore either.  But, we were kids.  Fast forward to today.  He lives in South Carolina with his wife and kids.  I live in Ohio with my dad.  He comes up to visit now and then.  We never see each other anymore, so when we do we don't fight anymore except in play.  He was actually in the Army for a bit and can probably kill me with a touch now.  My parents always said, we'd hate our lives if we grew up fighting forever.  He's the best friend I'll ever have, even if he was a punk ass bitch.  :)

Yeah all five of us used to beat the snot out of each other, but we get on well with each other now. Granted there have been times when one hasn't talked to another, sometimes for years, but we always know if we need anything we could always call and past transgressions would be put aside. 

That kid in the video though, he's just a turd.

After Draco's suggestion, I watched some of the channel videos, and they are so clearly staged.  Any time I wanted a video game, I had to borrow against the lawn mowing chores, which my mother gave me $5 for.  My dad was quick to remind me that I should thank my mother for those five dollars, because he provided for me, and mowing the lawn was my contribution.  Fair enough actually, I would take him up on that deal again in a heartbeat:D  

So Mr. T wants a coco video cartridge, $40 dollars.  Mr. T senior draws up a contract, clearly stating the terms and conditions for a ninety day loan.  I shit you not, I had to sign these in order to get the cash to purchase these and in turn play some, um shall we say, some pretty low budget games.  It was however 1999  1982 though, so I was happy!  

When I was a kid I thought my dad was such a hardcore ass, but I thank him every day now for it!  As Draco has already made so clear, it's sad how much these videos reflect real life scenarios today!  My dad would have pushed mowed those games when I was at that age, not sitting at the helm in some hydro-static mower :P

• Like 1