All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Oculus Rift Release Day

imagamejunky

As I'm sure many of you know today is a big day in the video game nerd community with the release of the consumer version Oculus Rift and the newest software.  One of my favorite new VR games is Technolust.  I've been playing with the betas for a while.  I started making some walkthrough videos. I thought I would share it here with my gameex/pinballx buddies.

Here's a link to one of my videos showing Technolust.  I will have more videos to follow.

Junky

• Like 1

Ok, so a game called "technolust" on a virtual reality headset - they did know how that sounded, right!?

In all seriousness, I'm not sure how I feel about occulus et al... I see how facebook, smartphones and tablets have broken down human contact progressively. The thought of families sat in a living room after tea, all with their own headsets on fills me with dread. It just feels a step too far. Still - I guess you could throw things at people with them on without their knowing it was you..

4 hours ago, stigzler said:

Ok, so a game called "technolust" on a virtual reality headset - they did know how that sounded, right!?

Remember that scene in The Lawnmower Man?  I'm sure they did:D

Ah the good ole days huh stigzler, back before emu's ruined two best friends sitting on the couch playing Tecmo Bowl, oh wait, I mean the family sitting around the kitchen table after having dinner together playing Yahtzee, Aggravation, UNO, Rummy 500 (insert childhood memory here) before bedtime.

When you think about it technology has been chipping away at social interaction all along, with TV likely being the biggest offender.  During the holidays it seems my entire family has their face in a smart phone or tablet.  What ever happened to the good times everyone used to have arguing with one another? :lol:

True. It's getting progressively hard to get sick of the sight of each other when you never look at each other. Oh wait, you could meet up in your VR bubble-zone and get sick of the sight of each other there. 

Scary times. It'll all be OK again when the electricity runs out. Mind you, wtf will I do then?

I saw that video today. Awesome idea.

I drew up some sketches for a very similar design a few months back. I should have known someone would beat me to it. It needs force feedback contactors and a shaker motor for sure.

I need to vent...

GREEDY Zen Studios is requiring us FX2 steam pinball players/supporters to re-purchase all of the tables all over again. I'm frickin pissed! I've purchased almost every single table on steam. Seriously. I'm only missing 2. They are releasing the same exact tables for VR but they want us to fork over for them all over again. Grrrrrr

Junky

On 3/30/2016 at 10:47 AM, stigzler said:

True. It's getting progressively hard to get sick of the sight of each other when you never look at each other. Oh wait, you could meet up in your VR bubble-zone and get sick of the sight of each other there. 

Scary times. It'll all be OK again when the electricity runs out. Mind you, wtf will I do then?

1 - Chase girls, 2- climb trees, and 3 - play musical instruments.

you know...

Sex, Drugs, and Rock&Roll!

You should see Caprica (Battle Star Galactica backstory Spinoff). It had a device like the RIFT, but more advanced (Full VR). They spun a lot of the story around how it was used for seedy underground factions to conspire. It would make it much easier to keep in touch with old friends and revolutionize/redefine long range relationships - "Your going to a university across the country from mine? OK, no problem. WAIT, what happned? Not another blackout. Man, and it was at the best part too. she was about to [self censored comment]..."

Actually I could see this as the future of GameEX online, or an added function. Like a vertual arcade where we can all hang out and setup Hi- Score competitions or what have you. It's coming, I'm so excited... where's that Glee emoji?...:lol: Or VR could be like my profile pic, who knows.

I wonder if VR will be governed by laws? If you pick a pocket in VR is it illegal for real? What if it's in a real life virtual reality sim with an actual economy and it was linked to real money? What then? Oh, the headlines to follow, "Virtual Crime, Real Time!." lol. It gets scary when we're finally able to create the matrix and flip that headline around, "Real Crime, Virtual Time!."

I geeked out there for a moment didn't I? Sorry, I Geek out massive for massive Geek Outs (my sad attempt at a palindrome)...opps, I did it again...where's that slap yourself repeatdly in the forhead emoji?

• Like 1