All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Configuration just vanished???

RustyCardores

My machine has been running well for over 12 months now, but today I turn it on and PinballX is tiny up in the corner of the screen.

All my systems configs are gone? How on Earth can that happen? I'm the only person who uses the machine and I have not touched any config.

This is a major disaster for me, as my external backup disk was "borrowed" without my knowledge and not returned. :(  Plus I run multiple systems and have ("had" :( ) scripts doing automating things.  I have NO idea how to redo the settings, as it was kind of an organic evolution over time to get to this point. 

Disaster averted.  I found a PinballX.ini backed up just to my desktop. The only thing I needed to add was VPX to the system.  All my tricky scripty configs were there :) 

I bet you can guess what I am doing now ;) "....backing up the crap out of this thing!"

I still don't understand how that .ini file could just revert back to its non-configured self? 

5 hours ago, tthurman said:

Glad to hear you avoided a total loss!

It seriously would have been a disaster. This cab runs MAME, FP, FX2, P.Arcade, KODI, VPX and earlier VPs.... I have automated scripts launching and closing extra things on system starts etc.  It would have taken me ages to figure out what to run & when again. :(

Not only have I now created new backups, I have also taken screen shots of each of the config pages and printed them. If all else fails, at least then I could re-enter the settings. For a while there I was feeling really really REALLY ill. lol 

• 4 weeks later...

This happened to me once when I accidentally powered off my PC while PinballX was running...I ended up having to do a system restore back a day and all was well.  any chance maybe PBX service was running when you shutdown?