All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Theme Query/Request

SpyhunterUK

Can anyone point me in the right direction on a Theme that displays the main emulators in full screen (1 per screen) with left and right selecting emulators (aka Maximus Arcade syle).

Anyone created one of these Themes yet please?

Thanks,

Neil

As far as i know this hasn't happened yet, but that doesn't mean it can't.

GameEx comes built with a theme editor, it's very powerful and from using it personally many times, i can confidently say that not only will it do what you ask, it will do so much more!

If you combine it with custom menu's in fact, i don't think ANY software available can compete with it. Period.

Clear back in the olden days, headkaze actually made a Maximus Arcade styled theme for GameEx. I don't know if the download link is still active, and I can't test it at my current location, but he may be able to provide the theme if not. It's not horizontally oriented, but if you were more interested in the MA look & feel, that might be one option. The theory is that GameEx Evolution will also provide many more options for theme creation, so that's also something to consider.

• Like 1

Clear back in the olden days, headkaze actually made a Maximus Arcade styled theme for GameEx. I don't know if the download link is still active, and I can't test it at my current location, but he may be able to provide the theme if not. It's not horizontally oriented, but if you were more interested in the MA look & feel, that might be one option. The theory is that GameEx Evolution will also provide many more options for theme creation, so that's also something to consider.

I would like to add that experimenting with the "Change View" option could yield what you are looking for, but it needs an open and expanded mind to utilize it properly. Of course, you could just wait a bit ;) ^

thanks, I have managed to find an even better one that matches my requirements, although Maximus had a good facility where you can get a games list menu within each emulator, so I can create Favourites lists, etc.  Not the MAME folder lists but non-mame emulators-  is there a way to do this within GameEx?

I am building my next cabinet, a 2 player version of the Star Wars Cockpit cabinet and was going to look at other menu solutions but keep swaying back to GameEx... Think I will stick with the better the devil you know and the fact that it is fully supported.  I like Maximus for feel but GameEx is in my heart after using for lots of years :)

Thanks although I already use Custom Menus already and MAME folders but I was talking about setting Categories for the other emulators?  Is there a way to edit the database files and set Categories within so I can list the games in category order (my way) by selecting Categories, etc

Also just out of interest can a button be set for 'Change View'?