All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

installing games

barley13

Hello barley13, and welcome to the GameEx forums.

I would suggest you start with the configuration guide in your quest to setup GameEx. It is straight forward, and basically consists of pointing to directories, and emulators of your choice. Once you decide on what your after, you will likely hit some bumps in the road, you can post those individual questions here for assistance.

For assistance on these topics, please refer to the how to ask for help thread linked in my signature. As noted at the top of that thread, questions about obtaining games will not receive support of any kind.

This hobby entirely revolves around what you want to re-experience, so nobody here can tell you that what is best for you, since it is all personal preference.

This video offers a good review of some of them, and seemingly a fair pros and cons review.

• Like 1

Welcome! As you are aware, GameEx is a frontend for emulators (and other integrated features). The best words of advise I can give you is as follows:

- Decide what systems you wish to emulate. Each emulator and system has its quirks and foibles.

- Install the emulators and the game files and get these working outside of GameEx first. This is critical. Be aware that we cannot assist you with obtaining game files for your emulators, that is against our rules here, so please do not ask. Google will be your best friend in that regard.

- Once you have an emulator or two setup and working outside of GameEx, follow the guide that nullpointer referenced to get started.

- If you get stuck, start a new topic noting the system and emulator and the issue you are having and provide the support files referenced in the GameEx: How to ask for help link.

Good luck!

• Like 1