All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Long Lost Dizzy Game Found - Released For Free

nullPointer

Does anybody remember Dizzy? While not as quite as popular in the U.S., the Dizzy series of games was quite a popular in Europe. My own experience with these games is playing them through their NES ports, and I can vouch for the Dizzy games as being some of the best unlicensed NES carts available (actually quite a few of the Camerica/Codemasters carts are awesome. Check them out if you haven't). Believe it or not Go! Dizzy Go! (appearing on the Quattro Arcade compilation) is one of my wife's absolute favorite titles on the NES. Go figure!

Any hoo, the creators of the original Dizzy games recently discovered a long lost unreleased Dizzy game while rooting around in their attic of all things! It's called Wonderland Dizzy, and being the egalitarian sort of fellows that they are the Oliver twins have released it for free! You can play it right in your browser, or you can download it as an NES ROM. You can check it out right here. I can't wait to try it!

Off topic, but speaking as a bit of a Doctor Who fan I'm always absolutely chuffed at hearing news like this of "long lost media" being found in unexpected places. Now if they can just track down all those missing episodes. I heard the Oliver twins attic might be a good place to have a look!

• Like 1

I used to love Dizzy on the C64, and great to see UK coders from back in the day... rather puzzling though - why on earth are they sat in a false castle?

...... It's called Wonderland Dizzy, and being the egalitarian sort of fellows that they are .......

That, Null, is one of the most expertly veiled puns I have seen in a long time...

Reminds me of this I watched the other night:

Bit UK-centric, but games should appeal to all.

Dizzy was awesome, played them on my spectrum 48k and it was one of those games that you could always go back to... Come on! 3 lives and an egg that somersault around a hard pointy landscape... That just doesn't sound like a sensible idea and with only 3 lives I learnt to hate the space bar!

Huh... looks like an interesting platformer but while I was trying to play it I noticed that the music is harsh - that hurts after a while. If I play this on a regular basis it's going to be sans sound.