All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

New member, not seeing games in list

rackoon

OK. I did my research and decided to use gameex as a frontend and bought the regiestered version. I have downloaded the frontend yet all it finds is 5 game and it wont even play them. what am I missing?

Hi, you are aware that GameEx doesn't come with the games right? You need to supply the roms and emulators on your own.

Very funny guys.

I have been building Mame cabs for years and using Mameuifx, Mame32 and various other front ends. I have all my roms installed already on my C drive, in rom folder, within a MAME folder, including mame binary code.

I was drinking when I downloaded your front end I probably screwed up somewhere. when i run your system there is just a few examples of games. I probably need to link the your front end with my mame folder with the rome in it.

I will try again tonight and do it sober, or partly sober.

If you want, you could make a drinking game out of it. For every MAME path you configure via the GameEx Setup Wizard in the integrated MAME settings, you get to take a shot. Grey Goose? B)

Very funny guys.

I have been building Mame cabs for years and using Mameuifx, Mame32 and various other front ends. I have all my roms installed already on my C drive, in rom folder, within a MAME folder, including mame binary code.

I was drinking when I downloaded your front end I probably screwed up somewhere. when i run your system there is just a few examples of games. I probably need to link the your front end with my mame folder with the rome in it.

Since you are familiar with Mame, you should have very little problem going through the Mame setup using the SetupWizard. It is pretty straight forward. However, there is a lot of potential configuration in GameEx because you can do A LOT of tinkering...so take it one section/emulation/etc at a time and it won't seem too daunting.

Good luck with it.

• Like 2

I'm a math teacher and cant afford Grey Goose. Drinking the cheap stuff tonight.

Well I just watched a install video on youtube. My roms are in the wrong rom folder. I already have mame 163 install, which happens to be a match to my rom set. I had gameex download mame just for kicks and it downloaded mame 163, perfect!

Im going to put my roms on the desktop and delete all the crazy stuff on C drive and start over.

My rom folder has CHD files in it I hope thats OK. I also have a folder with intro movies and I dont know where stick them.

Any help would be great, thanks

Honestly I would start with the MAME Settings section of wiki, which provides descriptions for each field on the MAME settings screen. It's pretty self explanatory, but if you have any specific questions feel free to ask! I would recommend diving in to see how far you get! If you hit any roadblocks, feel free to let us know. If you're having problems with running anything spcifically, please refer to the GameEx: How to Ask For Help link in my sig which will explain what files to post when requesting assistance with problems at runtime.

• Like 2

My roms are in the wrong rom folder.

Im going to put my roms on the desktop and delete all the crazy stuff on C drive and start over.

My rom folder has CHD files in it I hope thats OK. I also have a folder with intro movies and I dont know where stick them.

Any help would be great, thanks

Hi rackoon!

The great thing about GameEx is that there are NO prerequisites for paths or locations for literally anything. You can keep your roms, emulators, movies, music, comic reels, ANYTHING exactly where they are! All you need to do as a user, is tell GameEx where your files are stored. You do this using the Setup Wizard. It can be found in most systems under All Programs> GameEx, or, if you want to be more direct, in ...\GameEx\SetupWizard.exe

The problem i think most newcomers have, is that they miss/don't see the "Browse" button in the SetupWizard. It's a key component of setting up GameEx, and something you should familiarize with. It will do everything from letting you choose paths, to assigning custom controls.

To give an example, i'll use my own setup. In this case the "MAME Settings". In this screen i have used the "Browse Button" to setup everything. It all works flawlessly and all i had to do is tell GameEx where everything is ;)

NOTE: Screenshot is showing the basics of getting MAME to work without any features, but it still applies:

post-6865-0-58303700-1445558229_thumb.pn

Bottom line is - i wouldn't go moving things around before you get to know the software, because it is very accommodating and configurable. More so than any software that i have ever encountered :)

• Like 1