All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Cemu released

tthurman

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno, the WiiU gampad is a pretty sweet piece of kit and not something that was available for the original Wii. Is it a bit of a gimmick? Sure. But so were wiggle-waggle motion controls on the original Wii, and that seemed to work out OK. It's also backwards compatible with the Wii for both games and peripherals. In this day and age in which Sony and MS seem hellbent on making gamers pay for things they already paid for in previous generation(s), backwards compatibility is a feature I'm highly in favor of, and am more than willing to support with my wallet.

The above sounded a bit like a fanboy rant and I'm really not (don't own a Wii or a WiiU), but the WiiU really is a pretty sweet system (I've got a few friends that have them) and I'd definitely consider it were I in the market for a new console (my backlog is pretty long as it is, so I'm usually at least one generation behind in terms of console gaming)

• Like 2

I'm more of a PSP/3DS gamer if anything (I prefer to keep my gaming mobile whenever possible) and the WiiU is just a more approachable console for me.

Also being able to play it in the bedroom without the TV in is awesome. :)

/my 2c

• 10 months later...