All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

X-Arcade controller becomes unresponsive in Gameex after 20-30 mins

lacsusz

Hi,

Can someone please help me with this, I'm 99% sure it is Gameex-related:

Configuration: I have two rather old PCs running WindowsXP Pro SP3, one with an X-Arcade Dual Joystick, the other with an X-Arcade Tankstick. I only use Gameex with Mame for the time being.

Everything is configured correctly, I can control both Mame games and Gameex with the X-Arcade joysticks/buttons.

I can play with any game for hours on both computers.

Problem: if I leave the computers alone for 20-25 minutes, either with a Mame game running or just Gameex set to "screensaver mode", the X-Arcade joysticks/buttons don't react anymore. The keyboard inputs work fine, as everything else...except the X-Arcade joysticks/buttons. Gameex somehow "forgets" there is an X-Arcade controller connected. I can do nothing else but press Escape and restart the system to make it work again. I would tend to suspect a cable/USB problem or something inside the X-Arcade controller but, again, I have the same problem on two different PCs and two different X-Arcade controllers.

Now, here is what I tried so far:

1) Starting WinXp and launching notepad only. If I press the X-Arcade buttons, the inputs work fine, the fonts are displayed on screen. Leaving the machine alone for 30 minutes. Pressing the X-Arcade buttons again: inputs still working.

2) Starting WinXp with MameUI32 only. Everything works perfectly well, even if I leave the game on for a while. When I get back I can still use the X-Arcade(s).

So the issue only seems to appear with Gameex (which is the best frontend EVER nonetheless).

Any suggestion/solution would be really much appreciated.

Hi there, in order to better assist you in troubleshooting the errors you are encountering, please provide copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt (Click here for additional information on how to find these files and others that may be required).

It is recommended that you provide these files whenever reporting an issue or potential "bug" with GameEx. Thanks!

Sorry, copies are now attached (separate files for my 1st and 2nd PC).

One more information which might be useful:

I also have a third, much more powerful computer with a THIRD X-arcade controller (Tankstick).

There is no unresponsiveness problem under the same configuration of Gameex + Mame (i.e. I can leave the computer alone for a while, then the X-Arcade controller still works). The only difference is that...the OS on that 3rd PC is Windows 7 and not Windows XP.

Thanks in advance for your help.

GameEx(pc1).ini

log(pc1).txt

GameEx(pc2).ini

log(pc2).txt

Not sure if this will matter, but I was wondering if you are using the newer USB2 compatible X-arcade sticks?

The original X-arcade sticks used an adapter (sometimes called a keyboard wedge) and USB1 were hooked up to the PC.

I have happen to own one of the old-style X-Arcade sticks myself, but unfortunately I cannot test your situation as I am out of the state for a few weeks.