All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] gameex doesen' start

pisuke

GameEx Launcher literally has nothing to do with GameEx aside from launching the exe. If it doesn't start on it's own it's something else, so you'll need to look elsewhere for the issue.

Seems like the next thing in line that your log stops at is loading the news feed, so GameEx is launching anyway.

ok thanks. but i see only "afterdark theme" but remains here.. nothin happens

i also try re install gameex but nothin

nothing to do. doesent start. i suppose i start crying.. 4 months of works.. and now that i have to setup saturn and dreamcast nothing work

but i notice a strange thing. whien i close via task manager hide os and gameex i don t see desktip icon. if press mouse botton on the right lower corner of screen (desktop function) my desktop icons appears.... it s like there is an app that is not listed in the task manager that block..

This is a bit of a long shot, but I've had this happen when I've been playing around with a lot of different themes. At times I've had GameEx hang right at launch. usually I would get frustrated and kill the process.

One time, I just decided to leave it, and I left the room for a good bit, perhaps as long as an hour. When I came back it was running as normal. I have no explaination for this.

I see these type posts frequently regarding months of work, and I totally get what a deflating setback it is. If your not doing it already, you should be making backups along the way. This way when you go to make some major change, or move onto the next emu, you have what was previously working if you fubar something.

• Like 2

Ok but after one hour for you any thing was right? You revolved or after this you need a lot of time to boot your gameex? When you speak about backup.. What files do i have to backup to restore? I have an old gameex. Ini i used it but nothing happens..

First of all, reinstalling GameEx from scratch should be the very last thing you ever need to do. Second, if you need to make a backup, then backup the entire gameex folder.

Default - Default is the official default theme.

That particular time I just waited it out, it eventually started, and has worked normally ever since. Again, I have no explanation why, and I probably would have never tried this on purpose, I was summoned by my wife to do something that absolutely could not wait.

As Draco mentioned, it would be the entire folder, that way you would be able to ensure it is all the same, directory paths, etc....

After 20minutes starts. But from 5 minute i read that scan atari games. But i suppose nothing works. Too slow. So i only have to copy the gameex folder. Un install gameex. Install gameex and the n copy again the backupped folder? Thanks

Not sure what to tell you at this point. Keeps going from bad to worse. Something is not right and it doesn't appear, assuming you followed the suggestions presented, that the issue is with GameEx. You may want to take a look at Windows Event Viewer and see if there is anything potentially useful, but it may be very well a Windows issue that is causing all this grief.

in the right lower corner if i press show desktop i see the icon . if i press show desktop another time i see my desktop image without icons. i can explain in this mode. this happens after i launch game ex , kill app from task manager.

Hi Pisuke,

I am curious:

- What Windows version are you running?

- What resolution is your desktop set to?

- What resolution is GameEx set to?

- What processor does your PC have?

- How much RAM does your PC have?

- Are you using a dedicated video card? If so, what is it?

Could you repost your most current GameEX.ini and log as well?

• Like 1