All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] GameEx Fullscreen probs Windows 8

stigzler

In this case i think the pictures are doing the exact opposite :o This is far beyond the realm of my expertise for sure, is that 4 screens? In the spirit of giving someone a chance, can you explain your setup, the OS you are running, give us the usuals etc - you know how this works by now.

I doubt many people will understand your problem from the vid alone :wacko:

Arew you running the Gaming Evolved Client by Raptr? Also probably need the gameex.ini and log.txt files right after that happens.

That's what i was getting at - stigz knows we need them files, but also a 4 screen setup needs some explaining, some background how it is trying to be achieved.

In fact i'm kind of disappointed they weren't provided outright.

Can we get a look at the rear channel monitors?

:P

The sub monitor's me favourite!

In fact i'm kind of disappointed they weren't provided outright.

Fair cop and Mae Culpa! Posted bleary eyed in the early hours - just a punt in case of an easy answer. I should know better and must try harder :)

It's on my coding/test rig for multi-monitor apps. Eventually will be testing this on 3 monitor cab - but just checking if need to code anything in as a work around at this stage....

Files now attached

Arew you running the Gaming Evolved Client by Raptr? Also probably need the gameex.ini and log.txt files right after that happens.

Well - this appears installed, Draco. However, can't see process of that name running in task manager (although catalyst control center is). When boot it from programs - splash screen asking me to log-in - but no hardware type controls..meh - here's a pic:

Screenshot%20-%2022_08_2015%20%2C%2009_2

Would be greatful for any ideas folks...

log.txt

GameEx.ini

Yep, that's it!

I'm with Draco, not only is it a known trouble maker, it's perhaps the easiest initial troubleshooting step there is. I always select custom install on new catalyst releases and uncheck it. Then again I never use it either.

Well - they didn't make that easy to find - no uninstall in the program menu + an inconspicuous generic iconed exe in uninstal programs - "Raptr.exe" - Not "AMD" or "Gaming Evolved" - 'dirty pool' that!

And after all that - uninstalled - doesn't appear to be this - problem remains.

It doesn't matter too much on my test rig - just hoping the same doesn't happen with NVidia cards in my cab rig.

Yes. My point being it was a bit like HP dirty tactics - bloat your PC with lots of stuff and not make it to easy to find the stuff to uninstall. Of course - didn't break the clock or my brain-bag, but it was mildly irritating all the same...

thanks for the link.

That's odd, it's always been in the control panel uninstall for me.

<Edit> Scratch that, I see you did find it, and yes just like you said, Ratr.exe.

Sorry man, I'm shot. Picked up 60 - 40 pound bags of topsoil, loaded and then unloaded by yours truely, then moved them to various locations in the lawn to fill in damage from water service and sewer repairs. I'm nice and red to prove it :blink:. Ever had those bloodshot eyes from too much sun and not enough rest? This is not a result of alchol, by the way :lol:

So are you trying to get rid of the blue screens and show the desktop on the other monitors by chance? If that is the case then just got to the setup wizard under display settings and set Hide Desktop to "No".

• Like 1