All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Search Feature issues

jonnyGold

I’m having issues with the search feature. When I try to navigate the search with the joystick I can select up and down on the leftmost keyboard buttons but I cannot go left and right.

Also when I plug in a keyboard I can type in the search field but when I click enter nothing happens on the screen.

GameEx.ini

Hi JonnnyGold

Please do update, as it will insure you're up to date with any recent bug fixes and that we're all on the same page as it were. In the meantime, this part about your settings caught my eye:

EnableSlikStik=True
KeyboardDirectInput=True
JoystickDevice=
EnableCustomInput=True
EnableCustomJoyInput=True

Based on this I'm guessing your using an IPAC or some other keyboard encoder. If that's not the case we'll want to change some of these settings, but I'm guessing that it is the case. Based on that, I'm thinking you may have something going wrong with your input settings or possibly a conflict between your IPAC settings and your GameEx settings. Unfortunately, any time we start talking about IPACS and whatnot, my eyes start glazing over being as it's not a piece of hardware that I've ever used.

Unfortunately this means that troubleshooting this one might be tricky, as it's something unique happening with your setup (or alternately it's a bug that's been widely unreported, which seems unlikely).

Try taking a look at your input settings and verifying that everything is configured as you might expect. We do have a few IPAC users around that may also be able to swoop in with some handy dandy suggestions.

How are you connecting your keyboard?

My controller uses an ipac as well, and below are my settings

EnableJoystick=True
EnableSlikStik=False
KeyboardDirectInput=False
JoystickDevice=
EnableCustomInput=False
EnableCustomJoyInput=False
Also, I do not connect to the ipac and the keyboard using the pass-through method, instead by hooking each one up directly to their on dedicated usb port.
I'd suggest you make these changes as a test, and if necessary switch out how your keyboard is hooked up.
  • Like 1

Also do you have cab friendly controls turned on? If you do you have to hold left or right longer.

• Like 1