All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Battle Damage - Unofficial Star Wars Hype Thread

tthurman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those wanting to do a little gaming in a galaxy far, far away, the Star Wars Humble Bundle II is enforce with 6 days remaining!  If you score the total bundle, you can score the following $111.00 worth of games:

• Star Wars: X-Wing vs TIE Fighter - Balance of Power Campaigns
  • Star Wars Rebellion
  • Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
  • Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga
  • Star Wars: X-Wing Special Edition
  • Star Wars: TIE Fighter Special Edition
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  • Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords
  • Star Wars Empire at War: Gold Pack
  • Lego Star Wars - The Complete Saga
  • Exclusive Star Wars T-shirt
  • 75 per cent off coupon for up to any three Star Wars titles in the Humble Store not included in this bundle.

Looks like they're already looking to take advantage of George Lucas' double dipping schema.. the 3D version of the bluray won't be released till later this year.  So I'm going to wait and order that one later.  I don't even have a 3D tv, but I will eventually, and that's the best version to get because they'll have all 4 versions (3D, bluray, dvd, and digital) included.  

• 2 weeks later...

In the first of what's likely to be several re-discoveries in the coming weeks, I ran across these old gems.

56eed7b56eee2_Someoldies.JPG.1afbfd6d978

Considering their age, and no less mine at the time I obtained them, they're in amazing shape.  The Marvel comic is first edition 1977, complete with a strip of scotch magic tape down the spine unfortunately.  What can I say, I was eleven:D 

Cool!  I'd show you guys my collection, but then you'd wonder how I ever came up with my avatar.  :) Needless to say, I've got every release ever (until recently).  I have some bootleg VHS's of the 3 classic films, official store bought VHS of the pre-Special Edition (1990's version release with Leonard Maltin interviews), then the 3 VHS Special Edition (with opening SE trailers), then I got the 3 VHS Special Edition WIDESCREEN (that was fun to track down), then I got Episode 1 on bootleg VHS, then a legit Episode 1 VHS, then an Episode 1 WIDESCREEN Collector's Box (containing a REAL negative cell from the film prior to mass production, and an autographed cast photo with both George Lucas and Rick McCallum signs (nobody else though) [this cost me about $400 at the time and the bonus things were not included in a store bought version]... Then the DVD age came.. I have all 3 prequels on single disk DVD, then all 3 in a boxset.  Then I have a bootleg/custom "Definitive Edition" DVD set of the classic trilogy (downloaded from the internet, it was a custom made DVD set from the original LaserDisk version of the movies).  Then I have a boxset of the 3 classic films (where George had re-edited the Special Edition into a DVD Special Edition).  Then came the BluRay, where I have the 6-film "Complete Saga" box (where George ONCE AGAIN re-edited the re-edit for the BluRay release).  Then I have on my home server the Digital version of all 6 films (where, believe it or not, George re-edited the re-edited re-edit of the Special Edition to make a supposed "final edit".. which also sucked).  Currently I also have a theater camera bootleg on the server of Episode 7, and have just finished preordering the BluRay from Amazon.  I decided I'll buy the 3D version when it comes out after I get a 3D tv.  Unless there's MORE features, in which case I'll hate myself for once again triple-double-dipping.

Now if you REALLY wanna get into it.. I could list all my various incarnations of soundtracks (on Vinyl from my Dad, on Audio Cassette, and on CD) and John Williams compilation albums.  Plus all my Comics, and the work in progress of Novels.  Don't even get me started on those.. I have like 600 of them in ebook format waiting to be read.  Speaking of which, I also have the Episode 1 unabridged audiobook on audio cassette, and the Heir to the Empire novel on unabridged audiobook CD.  Oh yeah, I also have a limited edition Star Wars Trivial Pursuit, Star Wars Monopoly, and a 3D puzzle sculpture of Darth Vader's head (put together, but slightly damaged from the fire of years ago).  I also had a glass Star Wars chess set, but one of the pieces fell off a table and broke, so I taped all the pieces (one of each) on my car's dashboard until they got stolen when my car was broken into (who does that?  Steal chess pieces but not the stereo, or the car for that matter?)  In the videogame area, I have the Shadows of the Empire game on N64, ALL of the PSX Games, MOST of the PC games up to Star Wars The Old Republic MMORPG, ALL of the Xbox 360 games (including all the Pinball FX2 tables).

Want me to go on?  I could probably find something else to list.. like the Family Guy and Robot Chicken blurays, and candy dispensers (yes, I have an M&M Dispenser with the Red M&M dressed up as Luke with a little lightsaber, and a little mini Darth Vader Jelly Bean dispenser that makes his breathing sound).  Then I could talk about toys/action figures.  But you guys don't care about all that.  :)

I'm a nerd.

That's pretty cool Han, you've got it bad!

I found the above stuff in a bookcase in a spare bedroom while sorting through it, so it represents items that had fallen off the radar for me, not really a collection.  The Empire and Jedi books were for sale at the movie theaters when those movies originally released.  When we were kids we would get dropped off at the theater during the matinee showings with $5 or $10 each.  There's no telling how many times I watched Empire/Jedi in this fashion, skateboarding in the mostly empty parking lot between showings.  Good times :)

LOL.. Im not THAT bad am I?  I just like the movies, and every time a better version came out I would get it. 

Speaking of which, guess what my seedbox just picked up that was leaked online today?  I know what I'm watching tonight!!! :D