All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GoG May the 4th Star Wars Sale!

Draco1962

Steam is also running a May the 4th sale with some good deals. There's definitely some overlap with the GOG sale, but there's also some more recent unique titles on deep discount (including Pinball FX2 tables for those looking to build up their collection). Among other things, the LEGO Star Wars games are rather brilliant if you've not tried them (that's right haters ... LEGO games rule. :lol:)

• Like 3

Looks like Steam is in on the action as well. While I like the Steam interface and integration with GameEx, I will probably continue to stick with GoG as I much prefer to go DRM free as much as possible.

Looks like Steam is in on the action as well. While I like the Steam interface and integration with GameEx, I will probably continue to stick with GoG as I much prefer to go DRM free as much as possible.

I would totally agree in cases where GOG has the same titles. Currently the only issue is that GOG has no where near the catalog available through Steam. In this case I'd only utilize the Steam sale for those desirable titles not already available on GOG (i.e. Pinball FX2 tables and LEGO games in this case). The Force Unleashed games are also pretty great, but I'm not sure I can recommend the first one being as its a 30GB download (EA couldn't be bothered with compressing textures in the PC release).

Since I have a modded Xbox360 (shh!) I already have all the Star Wars pinball tables. I also own legit copies of Force Unleashed, Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition, and Force Unleashed 2, also Lego Star Wars 2, Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga, and Lego Star Wars 3 (love Lego Games, I'm only missing Lord of the Rings and Hobbit!). For PC, I own 2 collections (were they called battlechests?). One has all the Dark Force games (1, 2, Jedi Knight, Jedi Academy) and one has all the Space Sim games (Xwing, Tie Fighter, etc). I also own a LucasArts collection which includes both Rebel Assault games, and the RTS Star Wars Rebellion. I never owned it, but my brother gave me his copy of Star Wars Monopoly (each move/spot to buy has it's own cutscene from the movies!). I also bought a few random bits of stuff from the computer shop, namely Star Wars Droids workshop, Star Wars desktop manager (icons, backgrounds, sound effects), Star Wars Episode 1 and Episode 1 Podracer. For the Playstation, I own Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasi and Jedi Power Battles. For the N64 we owned (but sold for like $3) Star Wars Shadows of the Empire. Lastly, I have BOTH online MMORPG's Star Wars Galaxies and Star Wars the Old Republic. Surprisingly, I actually never owned NOR played the Knights of the Old Republic games. I really want to, especially since the MMO takes place after them. I was hoping to get a copy to play on my Xbox360 but it's not backwards compatible. Other than that, I know I'm missing the newer stuff, but I really want to get Star Wars Battlefront, and hope to God it will be released on Xbox360 (I don't have a next/current gen console yet, and my PC probably won't be able to handle it).

I'll be getting that Saber bundle; it's a super sale.

Also, if you have (or plan on getting) X-Wing or TIE Fighter, the Collector's CD-ROM editions, widely considered the best versions of these games, are also included or you'll get them added to your library if you own them.

I snagged the Star Wars Rebels table for Pinball FX2 for 0.69 today. I will probably visit both to fill a few holes in my collection.

Damn, and I paid the full price of $2.99 the night it was released. Haha, oh well...I can't complain, their tables are totally worth it! [emoji3]