All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

LUCASFILM ON GOG.COM: WAVE II now released at GoG.com!

Draco1962

For those interested in the Lucasfilm games, Wave II has landed at GoG.com with the release of Star Wars X-Wing Alliance, Galactic Battlegrounds Saga, X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter Balance of Power, Dark Forces, SKnights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords, and Battlefront II.

More games to be released tomorrow morning! W00T!

Man, what memories!

I wonder why nobody at Lucas Arts realized the magic they once had, but lost.....

I never played the RTS games, but just gave everything a good look, Empire at War looks like fun, but giving Rogue Squadron another spin would be a trip back in time!

Yeah, I popped in my CD just now, no go. Started a quick search for playing on Win7 when I ran across this info on wiki.....

Cancelled Sequels

After Rogue Squadron 3, Factor 5 worked on releasing a Rogue Squadron trilogy on original Xbox (which contained Rogue Squadron 1,2,3 with higher graphics and gameplay improvements) but was cancelled when management in LucasArts changed in 2003 even though the game was 50 percent complete at the time.[1]

Factor 5 then shifted to making the Xbox 360 launch title, Rogue Squadron: X-Wing vs Tie Fighter. This title was designed to be the first multi-player focused title in the series, but the game was cancelled by LucasArts before completion due to uncertainties in the console market. Factor 5 was then approached by Sony to create a launch title for the upcoming PS3, but Sony declined on Rogue Squadron series. The game engine and assets were then adapted into the PS3 exclusive, Lair.[2]

After Factor 5's exclusivity period with Sony ended, the company shifted its focus to releasing their Rogue Squadron Trilogy game for the Nintendo Wii. This was based on Factor 5's original work on the Xbox, but was further enhanced to include a variety of motion control options and motion-based lightsaber duelling. While this title was completed it remains unreleased due to the financial crisis in 2008 which caused their publishers to back out of the project. The rights of the title were later absorbed by LucasArts during the Factor 5 bankruptcy liquidation.[

SUCKS..........

I managed to get my original Pod Racer CD to run in 8.1, but only after several patches, applying Admin rights and Win 98 Compatibility Settings, and God only knows what else. It was still kinda buggy even after that so I didn't even bother to try it after installing 8.1 fresh on the new SDD.

The most recent additions to the GOG LucasArts games library just went up this morning. After some pretty epic announcements last week, this one is a bit ... less dramatic. I suppose Starfighter might be fun on PC (I guess), and I've never played Republic Commando, although I've heard good things. How about for you guys? Any huge standouts here?

January 27:

It's been a long weekend for Star Wars™ fans among us. Today marks the return of Lucasfilm on GOG.com: WAVE II, with the final batch of three Star Wars™ titles:

A 20% launch discount awaits those who join the fight against the dark side in the next 72-hours with three new releases:

Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Star Wars™ Republic Commando
Star Wars™ Starfighter™

As the Wave II timer ticks down to a zero for the last time, one of the most exciting weeks in the history of GOG.com comes to a close. We couldn't be happier with the series of amazing titles we added to our catalog this week, and we're proud to have teamed up with ©Disney Interactive to finally restore six iconic Star Wars™ games back into the hands of gamers exclusively on GOG.com.

I picked up Republic Commando used off Ebay several years ago after hearing how great it was. It's not a bad game, but even though the scenery changes, the game-play gets a bit on the repetitive side.

I have JK:DF2 too, and recall being super disappointed with it after the original Dark Forces. I never saw what everybody else did in that one, but it's probably just me! I don't know anything about Starfighter, although it looks like it has potential,

I will hold out hope that these produce enough revenue to make further releases viable for Disney, and that some day we will get Pod Racer. I book marked lots of how to pages on getting it to work (sometimes), and a good bet there some of the same ideas Draco mentioned he already tried. I tell ya, there are times I consider building 98SE and XP boxes for just this reason.

I have JK:DF2 too, and recall being super disappointed with it after the original Dark Forces. I never saw what everybody else did in that one, but it's probably just me! I don't know anything about Starfighter, although it looks like it has potential,

This was my exact impression of Dark forces II as well. That series didn't pick up steam again until the release of the (utterly fantastic!) Jedi Outcast. Starfighter also released on Xbox and PS2 (which is the port that I've played). It's a perfectly serviceable air combat type game, although to my mind it's outgunned and outclassed by the aforementioned Rogue Squadron games (as well as by its own sequel, Jedi Starfighter)