All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Monitor / Videocard problem

GimmeClassics

Hey guys !

A friend of mine is experiencing problems with his monitor. It's showing small vertical stripes and when scrolling a white page the screen has a light greenish color.

The videocard driver is up-to-date > I have also re-installed the drivers.....so, maybe a problem with the monitor itself ? Unfotunately I can't hook up another monitor right away. I just thought...let me ask you guys :)

Here's a screen shot...I hope the stripes are visible...

screen2.jpg

What do you guys think ? Does the video card have to be replaced or is the monitor broke....?

Anyway, thank you for any help you can offer !

To be honest I am not seeing the stripes or greensih tinge. If it is the monitor, they would not manifest on a screen capture of the content being displayed in the image capture process. You would have to take a photograph of the monitor and content.

Based on my observation, it is either the monitor or cable connecting to the video card. To test the cable, try reseating it at the back of the monitor and the video card. Try replacing the cable with another.cable.

• Like 1

Me either, perhaps due to the reduced size from posting in the forums. I would suggest exactly what Draco is saying, and if there is a fan, be sure it hasn't locked up, or that dust bunnies are happily living in the heat sink.

I don't mean that to be offensive, but man I've seen some nasty cases out in the wild ;)

post-8419-0-16644500-1414938822_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Glad that worked out. Most of the time at work, a lose cable connection will result in a color tinge issue where one of the pins in the connecting cable is not making clean contact due to a lose installation.