All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[CABINET] Gamejunky Cab

imagamejunky

• 3 weeks later...

Draco. I have a 60" going in the main cabinet body in the posts above. I know a lot of people frown on the huge cabinet/screen types. I just love it. It looks fantastic IMO with the dynamic bezels. I haven't built the upper cabinet body yet. It will house the LG 29" ultrawide dynamic marquee. And yes that means this thing is going to be bigger. I have to build 3 removable parts (main, CP, and upper) in order to fit through the doors in my house

• Like 1

Thanks man! I finished all the painting last night. More pics to follow. Today I moved this beast inside the house! Awesome.

Today I'm trying to figure out the best way to mount the acrylic in front of the displays. I'm thinking cabinet door magnets. Have any of you tried these?

Junky

Paint is done. 2 coats kilz2 primer and 2 coats hi-gloss white with a small texture. I really love how the surface feels. Feels almost like a plastic laminate with a fine texture on it. Super shiny too. This will look good in its future home next to the pin cab in the gameroom. I decided not to do a traditional multi character vinyl graphic as I had previously planned. I saw some cabs on the internet being made in Australia that are gloss white and I started to really like that look. Looks cool IMO.

I drilled and test fitted the acrylic from tap plastics that covers the screen. I'm using magnets to hold it in place. This way I can easily pull it off.

Here's some pics. It was too dark last night when I took them so you can't tell how bright the white is. Hopefully you can see the texture.

More to follow on monday.

Junky

post-21596-0-42842400-1425141448_thumb.j

post-21596-0-84910300-1425142235_thumb.j

post-21596-0-37480100-1425142276_thumb.j

post-21596-0-66341600-1425142306_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...