All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] v13.29 - GameEx not finding installed Origin Games

Draco1962

I think it depends, how you use GameEx. As many gamers tend to use LCD in their cabs, weecades, bartops, htpc´s.. this can be a usefull feature. I dont need it, but as long as you can turn off / on features, I dont care and see it like a benefit or a extra plus for GameEx.

You guys are really amazing.

As more services seek to emulate the model Steam has set and many GameEx members have HTPC or hybrid cab/HTPC setups, I would imagine that there are quite a few that use these services. I mainly use Steam, but have a few games that require or use Origin and Uplay titles as well. When GoG releases its Galaxy program, I would like to make use of that as well, although I am content with using the .lnk process to run most games.

I would like to see the ability to enable/disable via Setup Wizard for any of these services (one of my feature requests previously).

I use my gaming PC almost exclusively for playing these games with the possible exception of FX2. This is just because I prefer to be kicked back in my chair, and on TeamsSpeak or surrounded in 5.1 as opposed to standing at a cab while playing titles associated with these services. Regardless, I agree with U-Man and see it as a plus!

I only use Steam, and only recently started using that, but I will probably have to install a game our two with each service just so I can add support to my own projects.

Origin has a free game or two (FIFA World and Wing Commander III) that are free if you want to start with them. They may enough to get you started on updating your plugins. Uplay doesn't have any at this time and just a handful of titles under $10.

I only use Steam, and only recently started using that, but I will probably have to install a game our two with each service just so I can add support to my own projects.

Some UbiSoft games sold on Steam require activation (and subsequently running) through Uplay. It's kind of dumb that they layer on DRM on top of DRM like that, but hey I guess it's their party. Keep an eye out on some of the standard digital games distribution channels (i.e. Humble Bundle, Green Man Gaming, GamersGate, Amazon, etc.), as you can often find sales on UbiSoft games that will run through Uplay. This has actually bitten me a couple of times when I thought I was getting a Steam code and it turned out to be a Uplay code. It pays to read the fine print! :lol: At any rate it doesn't so much matter now since I can launch 'em all from GameEx! B)