All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Problem with mame titles

darkstar1975

Sounds like something went south for sure. I just did this a few weeks back, and noticed GameEx indicates that it will download MAME 0.146, or was it 0.149? This is in the "Download Emulators" screen.

I skipped that part and grabbed the latest release, and installed using the suggested paths.

C:\Emulators\Mame

Then in configuration mode used advanced to get to the Mame screens to set the correct paths.

Regardless, are you downloading MAME 0.153, installing it, then configuring GameEx to point to the correct paths?

Is there just a file somewhere that I can manually change the names of the titles instead of taking I don't know how many hours trying to get it to configure correctly? All the games work and I am happy with that, this is me just being anal about the titles not showing up.

You could just go to advanced emulator setup and select a map file for Mame if there is one.

But you're doing something wrong for sure...

I am downloading the newest version of mame now. Do you set up mame in emulator setup as well?

If you refer to the wiki in my prior response it will guide you where you need to start to setup and use the integrated MAME support so there will be no need to setup MAME in Emulator setup.