All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

World's Largest Video Game Collection Up For Sale!

Draco1962

"Michael Thomasson has been certified by Guinness to own the world’s largest video game collection, which at that time of certification consisted on 10,607 video games, but that number has since risen to over 11,000." Read more here.

If you are married and want to end your marriage quickly, place the winning bid.

• Like 1

Wow, that's a lot of games :o

I used to have a full "Sealed" European Nintendo Gamecube game collection about a year and a half ago, with all of the North American exclusives aswell, it's a pity that I sold them on :(

I wanted to get the Japanese titles as well but it wasn't financially justifiable.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I wonder how much he spent to collect it though. I'd think it was a loss, but who knows, maybe some of the older rarer titles made up the difference and he turned a profit.

Oh I would think it would be a loss, Looking at his lot I would say in the right climate he could have added another $150,000.

I recently sold a sealed copy of Megaman X2 on the Super Nintendo for £1,500 ($2,551) so it's definitely rarities that make up the difference. :)

I recently sold a sealed copy of Megaman X2 on the Super Nintendo for £1,500 ($2,551) so it's definitely rarities that make up the difference. :)

Whoa! I'm terrible for asking the questions that shouldn't be asked - how much did you pay for it?

:P

Yep definitely, Daddy was right on this occassion, It was actually a duplicated Xmas present and sat in my dads attic for 15 years along with other sealed games.

It still had the receipt with it aswell, it was purchased from Electronics Boutique 19th December 1995.

• Like 1