All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[COMMUNITY PROJECT] Developer Logos Database

stigzler

Because there is also a database for pinball.

• Like 1

I have been using cell A to comment frequently, but I've been using it to indicate what the link in the notes is pointing to. You can look at several of the sources I've found that have multiple links mostly by looking for that triangle in cell A.

Check that out and see if it works for you, if not, I'll start putting the alternate logo links in that comment.

OK - checked it out + ignore me!!! You can't just press return in the link box and add another link. Keep on as yer keeping on, tthurman - good system you got going there.

Yeah been a bit busy with other projects and real life. I may help in the future though.

:( Dammit - I knew I'd regret that drunken posting the other night. Sorry KRC - much respect for you and your work :)

Some images may be more horizontal in layout while others are more vertical. When resizing them to fit 800x600 specs, we were ensuring that the width was no more than 800 and height no more than 600 and centered within an 800x600 transparency.

Perfect description - lifting that and putting in the OP.... oh, and thanks for the peanut. :)

Problem is, especially with a lot of the pinball guys, is these are just fellows that designed playing fields and/or the mechanics for them. Many of them are icons in their field, but regardless, they never had a logo. Then again perhaps just creating one may be the path of least resistance.

An icon without an icon?? Sheesh - what happened to branding?

Dunno what to do about the no-logos yet - one for community decision - just concentrating at the moment on compiling all sources.

What should we do with Developers with no logo? Discuss... :D

In a moment of madness, I just lifted one Scandanavian's individual's face pic off google and had that as the icon! He looked rather pasty and undernourished, but in the absence of any Satchi image...

Great participation, fellas!

Ladies (!?), Gentlemen, and any other assorted wot-nots... please welcome the newest member to sign-up to the project....

*** Wolfman24 ***

Whoa, one look at your postings, chap and you got some serious gaming going on there!!! Thanks for showing an interest in contributing to this community project (I've gotta stop calling it that - sounds like a scheme to build parks in under-privileged areas...)

All signed up as a contributor, and links to dropbox shares sent.... I'm wondering what's gonna be your bag? Sourcing or producing finals? Maybe a Vector Vigilante? Who knows....

And remember...

THE-GUYS.jpg "Don't go on the Moors...."

Because there is also a database for pinball.

That's good to know, I wasn't aware. My hats off to those who come up with these databases, I can't imgaine the work that must be involved tracking all this down!

Just based off what I've found, there are some good sites for info on pin devs, but finding images is a bit tricky. I suppose it's not really image and logo specific though.

• Like 1

Tthurman is a sourcing machine!!!!

300614.pngpost-14176-0-11443200-1404159687_thumb.p

The last 500 are proving tough!!!

Down to the more obscure single title/platform devs now.....

Need you guys' expertise. We're beyond simple moby/bomb searches... now having to route around specific system fansites for boxarts/ads/magazine scans....

So, any recommendations for specific fansites? Here's some good ones found so far:

C64 - Lemon

Amiga - AmigaLemon

Spectrum - World of Spectrum

Atari - Atari Age

Sega - SegaRetro (although bit limited on the devs)

Any equivalent sites you guys know of for:

Nintendo

Playstation

another sega?

another atari

rather than search/trawl and find the 'wrong one' thought I'd ask here, first.

:)

Well the easy part is over for sure, it pretty much goes without saying that from this point forward it's going to be much more difficult. Just so everyone is on the same page, per our discussion ealier today, I will start looking for what games each developer produced, and link that in the notes section. I've already done this to a great extent, but places like Mobygames just list platforms and game titles in a rather incoherent manner, while giantbomb has a miniture box art list, but seemingly it's not as detailed. Bear with me though, I sort of created my noting system as I went, but it remained solid for a good 3/4's of it. The earlier letters I worked may lack the continuity of later entries.

I see this upcoming task being a large chunck of the "longhaul project" Draco refrenced earlier. We won't be mowing through devs as before! I honestly think we are going to have to just dig in and see how it goes. I power searched the last week until my eyes were bloodshot, and I didn't run across loads of good box art along the way. In the end it may prove to just be far to difficult to pull off. We'll see!

OH :o, that blue Shogun looking dude in the latest collage, it isn't a logo!

I like Gravatar and all, but since it follows you, what seems fitting for one forum, isn't as much for another. I'll spare everyone the boring details, but while rethinking my avatar selection, I found that today, I thought it was cool, but didn't mean for it to find its way into the logosource folder. It has been removed from dropbox BTW. In the end I couldn't pass on the flying fist of ultraman!

• Like 1

OK.. so couldn't help it....

Ouch... 14 logos in 3 hours >.<

My eyes hurt.

010714.pngpost-14176-0-74308700-1404250143_thumb.p

These took some real scouring. Also, on the edited versions, applied some pixel-art filters....

@ around 5 logos per hour... I'm seriously going to have to rethink trying to finish this comprehensively.

Roll on the publisher logos - they're gonna be easier, surely!

Nice bit is that GameEx is going to have dev logos not available on any other site :)

One thing that's struck me from this exercise is the underhand practices of publishers/licensers and bigger companies. These small dev teams put in all the hard work and it's every other bugger's logo splashed all over the art + promo. I shouldn't be surprised, I s'pose...

(and yeah, i know nitsubishu (SP) is easy to source - weirdly - we'd missed it off!)

• Like 2

I think one last run through the list isn't a bad idea, and it looks like you already are well on the way!

Spending countless hours looking for what may or may not be out there though, perhaps not such a great investment of energy. I think your correct, Community GameEx will represent the most comprehensive collection currently available, perhaps ever available considering the age of some of these devs. One thing is for sure, no one site has what we have collectively collected. :gx:

nitsubishu would have fallen under my letters :blush: I must have just missed it along the journey down the alphabet, and it's probably not alone, which is why I think a quick rerun might not be a bad idea.

We have a number of logos (a lot, if not all of them mine) that got saved as they were on the page, i.e. with the pasted spreadsheet name. I browsed through some yesterday and tried to correct some of them. One, Kronos if I recall, I saved correctly, and the correct one is in there, but so is one named as it was pulled from the web page. In something of this size and nature, it's just going to happen, especially with me involved! :wacko:

Everyone involved has put in a serious amount of effort for certain, but undoubtedly your consitant persistence has been the driving force getting us where we are on this, great job man!

:cheers:

• Like 1

I wouldnt worry about ones being in there tgat are the original image name as long as a correctly named dupe is in there too.

Whilst itbis hard work, tgeres something very satisfying about hunting down a screenshot or advert and snatching a logo from it...

My understanding is that the ge databases are wip so more devs may be added in time. Therefore list will have to be expanded and revisited anyways, so time enough. You never know, some others may join us in our search!

Oncecwevecran through tge list one last time, ill publish to the ge ftp.

Bloody tablet.

Thanks for the pin whoever did that.

So Tthurman and I toiling away tonight - managed to crack through 20 odd logos.

Wow.. this is getting a grind...

Some real chasing down of logos having to happen now - finding ad scans and boxarts.

Good news is - there's still some easy ones in there - we must have missed them first pass.

As ever tthurman - yer a star and I hope your efforts are appreciated by those who will be using them eventually.

(btw - I've just realised - what a silly time to start a project like this with Evo just around the corner - all the grafters and dedicates are going to be all hands on deck with that).

020714.png

(btw - I've just realised - what a silly time to start a project like this with Evo just around the corner - all the grafters and dedicates are going to be all hands on deck with that).

This last leg is tough, but just look at the ground we've covered! In due time this will all come together, and much of the work already done will allow for a more efficient path to completeion. Good chance most of the efforts in this will go unrecogonized by most, well except for here, but it will be a good feeling to know I was part of something others can use and enjoy, not to mention the fact I finally contributed something somewhat selfless to the community as so many before me have done. I've certainly been the benefiicary of stuff like MAME EXTRAS, which I'm certain is a massive effort on the part of many unsung heros in this hobby. I'm using your theme.....!!!

I've been working this and my control panel to stay focused on someting other than EVO's release/announcement, whatever it is. I typically only do wood working once a week with the guys at "board meeting", and tonight I made some more progress. Summer will be gone before you know it, and still have painting to do on parts I haven't even made yet. Safe to say we all got a few more plates spinning than perhaps we should!

We'll get there!

Thanks for the sticky Draco :win:

• Like 1

The second wave of searching, while progressing much more slowly, is going better than I expected. stigzler's site is great for showcasing these, and it's pretty cool to see the collection now that it has grown quite large. If you haven't done so in a while, you should check it out.

Things were pretty slim pickings intially, but after the last couple days, I have renewed faith that we may actually be able to find a fair amount of these throughout the second wave. I think getting used to searching for the more obscure devs took changing to different search phrases to start paying off. One of the pin companies I ran across today was from the 30's!

• Like 1