All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Finally made the jump to the 21st Century and bought a Smartphone

Draco1962

Any recommendations to pop my steam cherry? Preferably free.

Just wait, they have freebies from time to time of pretty current games. You can goto steampowered.com and install it without games, so you can grab one as soon as it's available. If it's good, there's generally someone here posting about it.

The steam sales come around pretty often too, but be warned, they can become addictive!

Any recommendations to pop my steam cherry? Preferably free.

I have a pretty good feeling that the Steam Summer Sale is right around the corner. It's hard to know with any degree of certainty, but recently "Mystery Trading Cards" were put into Steam circulation (as in the digital variety - the same thing happened a couple of weeks prior to last years Steam sale). Also for some reason the number of games on offer for the Steam weekly sale this week is greatly reduced from the normal amount. So if you're looking to jump in on Steam, the Summer Sale is a good time to do so.