All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

RIP Mario..

hansolo77

Bob Hoskins started out in theatre before embarking on a film career

Actor Bob Hoskins, who was best known for roles in The Long Good Friday and Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and playing Mario, has died of pneumonia at the age of 71.

His agent said he died on Tuesday in hospital, surrounded by family.

The star was nominated for a best actor Oscar in 1987 for crime drama Mona Lisa, in which he starred opposite Sir Michael Caine and Robbie Coltrane.

He announced he was retiring from acting in 2012 after being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.

"We are devastated by the loss of our beloved Bob," the actor's wife Linda and children Alex, Sarah, Rosa and Jack said in a statement.

"Bob died peacefully at hospital last night surrounded by family, following a bout of pneumonia.

"We ask that you respect our privacy during this time and thank you for your messages of love and support.

Source BBC NEWS