All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] GameEx not listing Mame roms past CarnEvil since last update.

UNFORGIVEN II

Since there are several of you reporting this issue, I will ask that each of you please attach your log.txt and gameex.ini files after making any changes within your system, be it using files submitted by others, reinstalling the latest GameEx version, etc. Thank you.

In my case, using DazzleHP files, didn't solve the problem.

I've checked again and the problem is solved with DazzleHP's files. I've returned to my files (the most recent availables) and the problem occurs again.

It happens to me whether I use my files his files with or without the history dat.

Take care when you use his files to check in setup that you are using them. This was my first error.

One more thing. In any case, NeoGeo group appears empty.

If I had the same issue I could help but all my games are here. I verify all my sets and update all my support files when I update my mame exe and my rom sets. I have a feeling either you are unable to verify a particular game and it's crashing the updater out our something is corrupted somewhere, be it a list in your GameEx directory or a chd or rom file

Everything is fine with Clrmamepro. I replaced all the original support files in GameEx with the files posted here by DazzleHp. I've re-downloaded and installed GameEx several times... If it is corruption why would the others have the same problem ? Just curious.

Have you verified CHDs with chdman? I would agree that it's odd that several users seem to be experiencing the same problem, but it doesn't seem to be across the board either. It's considerably tougher to troubleshoot the problem for those that can't can't recreate the issue.

Also did you try using a vanilla build? The 32x build? Just for troubleshooting purposes? Maybe it can be isolated to that particular build and or compile/modification.

What game is right after Carnevil? Did you try adding that to the filter list to see if it's that particular rom that's the problem?

Adultery: Can you access some different machine that does not have a GameEX install on it or set up some VM?

If you install a brand new GameEX, grab latest mameinfo and history.dat from official sources and set up official MAME 0.150 then you will encounter the problem described by the OP

It's something in the latest mameinfo or history.dat files which screws up how GameEX builds up the list which is why swapping to different/old version of the DAT files produces a different result.

I'm unsure if it's possible to see some debug messages as to why GameEX gets "stuck" when we trigger the carnevil bug

I just happened to do a fresh gameex install with 0.150 (on a PC for testing before putting in cabinet) and had the carnevil bug, and edited the history.dat to fix (thanks for that).

What are the other errors need to look for? Something with neo-geo (please explain)?

I was hoping .150 to be my go-to version since last updated my cabinet (in 2009).

I just happened to do a fresh gameex install with 0.150 (on a PC for testing before putting in cabinet) and had the carnevil bug, and edited the history.dat to fix (thanks for that).

What are the other errors need to look for? Something with neo-geo (please explain)?

I was hoping .150 to be my go-to version since last updated my cabinet (in 2009).

The other error is if you select Neo-Geo category it says no games found.

Hello Guys,

Yesterday I just tried MAME 0150 for myself. I can say, that I did NOT have the history.dat error. The only Error I did have, was the NEO GEO Error, I can agree with this. The NeoGeo List is empty.

But this Error comes either from the catver.ini stuff or some other filtering in GameEx. It must be some bug, that happened between 0149 and 0150 of MAME.

So right before the 151 release I had 93XX games by using DazzleHP files he posted. I Switched out the mameinfo.dat and updated the list, then I got a small increase in games with the new additions of 151.

So then I go to http://www.arcade-history.com/index.php?page=download and grab a fresh 151 then executing another update list with GameEX.

I'm stuck with the carnEvil bug again. It's definitely something with the history.dat

I used these attached files and had NO Carnevil problem. This time I can confirm that they are for Version 0150 of MAME ;).

attachicon.gifMAME_0150_DATS_INIS.zip

Just for my understanding.... all NeoGeo games can be found under Manufactorer SNK or will i miss some NeoGeo games then?

Just tried your files. Thank you. Unfortunately I still have the same problem. No games after CarnEvil and nothing in the Neo Geo list.