All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

can i copy the 11.50 gameex.ini over the 11.79 without problem ?

GBBBS

Since there have been quite a few changes since 11.50, may I ask what the reason would be for copying your 11.50 gameex.ini file over the one in 11.79? Are you running into any problems or is there something else that we can help you with?

Generally you can copy the files over and run the newer version of GameEx just fine. If there are settings that aren't in your old file, GameEx should set the default option on startup. When you exit and view your settings file again, you should see what was missing at the end of your gameex.ini file.

I'd definitely make a backup just in case though.

Generally you can copy the files over and run the newer version of GameEx just fine. If there are settings that aren't in your old file, GameEx should set the default option on startup. When you exit and view your settings file again, you should see what was missing at the end of your gameex.ini file.

I'd definitely make a backup just in case though.

I think in this case I think the user is regressing from 11.79 to 11.50. Seems like it would be dicey. I definitely second Draco1962's advice on reporting back as to what you'd like to accomplish with this regression. GameEx has a friendly knowledgeable user base that can help you out with nearly any problem you might be experiencing with GameEx. I'd reccomend the troubleshooting route first before attempting to nuke your install.

At the very least follow bkenobi's advice on backing up your data before attempting this.