All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Problem with setup wizard ....

GBBBS

Hi,

i have a little problem with custom settings.

if i try to deactivate some features then look like this :

unbenanntuwm.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and if i setup the display setting to "windowed" it start in full screen....

i think that a bug ?

Yes. This seems to be a bug. Thanks for the report. I just verified this. Seems like since these are all part of the same window that the radio buttons only allow one setting. I'm sure this will be resolved after this report.

and one question can i copy the old gameex.ini over the new one ? or better set up all new ?

Copying over the gameex.ini is fine. No need to setup up new. Do you have an old ini that has different settings?

This should be fixed now. The Setup Wizard has had major parts of it re-written lately which is why there are so many problems arising. Appreciate your patience while these problems are ironed out.

Anyway if anyone wants to have a play with the latest version before Tom puts out another update (and possibly find any bugs I can fix before then) it would be appreciated.

PS You need the new SetupWizard.xml to be copied into the GameEx\CONFIG folder overwriting the old one. SetupWizard.exe goes into the root of the GameEx folder.

SetupWizard.zip

Just tried it and when going to the second page of the current emulator setup it skips to the verify setup and doesn't show the other options to config your emulator.

Are you in Basic mode? Tom wanted to split the "Emulator Setup" and "Advanced Emulator Setup" into two parts and only show the "Emulator Setup" for Basic mode. I personally prefered them all on one page but I also can see how there could be too many settings for the Basic mode.

Your best bet is to use Custom mode and put a tick next to "Emulator Selection", "Emulator Setup" and "Advanced Emulator Setup" when you are managing your emulators.

What I may do in the future is remove the GameEx logo from the side and turn it into a menu that has all the sections available in a single click.

Are you in Basic mode? Tom wanted to split the "Emulator Setup" and "Advanced Emulator Setup" into two parts and only show the "Emulator Setup" for Basic mode. I personally prefered them all on one page but I also can see how there could be too many settings for the Basic mode.

Your best bet is to use Custom mode and put a tick next to "Emulator Selection", "Emulator Setup" and "Advanced Emulator Setup" when you are managing your emulators.

What I may do in the future is remove the GameEx logo from the side and turn it into a menu that has all the sections available in a single click.

Figured it out! I was actually using Custom Mode, but had only checked "Emulator Setup" instead of "Advanced Emulator Setup" :P

Thanks!

IMO I would probably not recommend it since there have been quite a few changes since 11.50. Are you still having the issue with the Setup Wizard or do you have another issue at play? If another issue, please start a new post/thread and provide copies of your log.txt and gameex.ini files so we can take a look at the issue.

Sorry to thread jack (especially on one that's been resolved), but this would be flipping sweet! When you're working through the 'Custom' work flow, sometimes it would be nice to be able to navigate directly to a page not explicitly selected as part of the flow.

Keep up the great work HK!