All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

instant sheller

mamemaniac

Instead of hiding the desktop and icons, I use launchshell (follow instructions on the link) along with Instant Sheller to set GameEx "Application to Shell".

Now when you boot up your PC GameEx will launch instead of the shell. If you exit GameEx the shell will open and give you access to your desktop. If you launch GameEx again, the shell will close, and so on. I believe it's a better method than "Set background and wallpaper to black". You can always set your background to be black manually anyway.

Actually all I want to do is get the desktop from the black screen. I'm using all kinds of frontends. great app but how do I unistall it or restore my desktop?

To uninstall it do the following.

CTRL-ALT-DEL and then open a new task explorer. Then you may have to do an ALT-TAB to see explorer. Once you are in explorer you will have to go to the directory that instantsheller is in and then run instantsheller again. It is a little tricky to get around because your mouse icon is a very small dot. If you scroll it over file it will turn blue then you have an idea where it is.

Good Luck