All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx Game Cards

Adultery

Could anyone please tell me where I am going wrong with my game card?

edit: Thanks Tempest! Should've checked my email. What a dope.

Edited by wubble

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For thosr who its not working for, can you post your logs please. Also do you have show game information enabled?

Howdy...

Here's my log. I recently played Puck-Man, and it shows another MAME game a played several days ago... it seems to be stuck on that image.

I am going to try a few more tests with other non-MAME games, and will post an update.

log.txt

Update: I then ran Atari 2600 Mini Golf, and the text shows correctly, but there was no image at all.

I then re-ran MAME Puck-Man, and text was ok, but also no image either.

Thanks!

I have also been having a problem I thought was solved... I'm having issues with MAME again. I wonder if it's not a problem with resolution scaling or something?

As you can see, mine says Pac Man, but it shows the NES image since I played that before I booted up in MAME. No idea what gives there. :(

• 2 months later...

So how do you go about setting up a gamecard? I tried doing a search for 'gamecard' but didn't see any details on how to set it up. Could someone point me in the right direction to get started? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not having much luck getting my tag to work, I've installed the reg key but my tag never gets updated the log says

19:29:31.4 09/09/2010: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

19:29:31.4 09/09/2010: at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)

at af.a()

I've disabled the windows firewall

I've attached the full log

Stu

log.txt

How do I attach my Gamer Card to the forums? I'm a little confused on all this as well as the image of the last game played is not displaying. When I ran the attached file and tried to run GameEx crashed. Then restarted and it worked ok.

How do I attach my Gamer Card to the forums? I'm a little confused on all this as well as the image of the last game played is not displaying. When I ran the attached file and tried to run GameEx crashed. Then restarted and it worked ok.

I recv'd an e-mail with a link to my Gamer Card, but it only displays it in firefox am I suppose to save it or what????

I recv'd an e-mail with a link to my Gamer Card, but it only displays it in firefox am I suppose to save it or what????

Well that's the link to it to show you how it looks. Depending what you want to do with it......Some users are putting it in their signatures which is why they're on the screen. So the question is....What do you want to do with it?

Gotchya! Now I get it, but what about the game images are they just screenshots and if I don't have it with the game rom that I am playing then it won't be displayed?

Also I want to put it in my signature, but not sure how?

Correct! If you don't have the image then it won't be displayed with the gamecard. Example here. I changed settings for you to see what I mean.

To put in signature:

• Click on your username on top right of forums
  • Select My Settings
  • Click Profile tab
  • Click Change Signature
  • On Edit Signature section, Click on insert image button
  • Insert Image URL, the one given to you when setting it up (i.e. http://www.gameex.com/gamecard/fRequEnCy.png)

Correct! If you don't have the image then it won't be displayed with the gamecard. Example here. I changed settings for you to see what I mean.

To put in signature:

• Click on your username on top right of forums
  • Select My Settings
  • Click Profile tab
  • Click Change Signature
  • On Edit Signature section, Click on insert image button
  • Insert Image URL, the one given to you when setting it up (i.e. http://www.gameex.co...d/fRequEnCy.png)

Well I'm a little confused by the fact that I have the screenshot of the rom/game I'm playing but it's not displayed still. Should the screenshot be in a different folder or is there a config I'm missing?

For example I played say Donkey Kong and I have the Donky Kong screen shot in my screenshot folder, but it doesn't show up on my Gamer Card, but it does show up under GameEx and MAME.

Well I'm a little confused by the fact that I have the screenshot of the rom/game I'm playing but it's not displayed still. Should the screenshot be in a different folder or is there a config I'm missing?

For example I played say Donkey Kong and I have the Donky Kong screen shot in my screenshot folder, but it doesn't show up on my Gamer Card, but it does show up under GameEx and MAME.

I think there may be a minor bug that is causing this, its been reported before. If you never get a snap uploaded ever let me know.

• 1 month later...