All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Full Configuration Mame Package

Ranzo/Brian,

That was the trick the options is what I had worng after I used what you had it all worked. except when i exit out of daphne games it kind of hangs and goes to windows instead of back to gameex.

Tony

It should go back into gameex can you post your config?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update : Manual updated to Version 1.4

Changed :

a) Eliminated some grammatical faults

b Sega Model 2 chapter included

c) Included the Configurator program into the Sega Model 2 folder

d) Extended the troubleshooting section in Daphne

e) Edited a little bit Chapter 2 : why to use MAMEUIFX version of MAME

f) Included : directx_aug2009_redist.exe in the FULL Mame Installation Package

g) Modified Chapter 3 with DirectX installation

h) Modified the script “createdirectories.bat” to create ROMs folder for Sega Model 2 emulator

Ränzo DeLaForce

@Brian, I sent You a PM 1 week ago....regarding deleting attachments...The system does not delete my attachment "MAME Installation Guide V1.2.1.pdf" and I do not know why...I get an "Action Failed" message....I went into The "Manage Attachments" section and deleted the old version of the document, but its still in my first post and You can still download it ??? Please help...

@Brian, I sent You a PM 1 week ago....regarding deleting attachments...The system does not delete my attachment "MAME Installation Guide V1.2.1.pdf" and I do not know why...I get an "Action Failed" message....I went into The "Manage Attachments" section and deleted the old version of the document, but its still in my first post and You can still download it ??? Please help...

Ranzo,

Sorry, I had thought you got that figured out. You should be able to edit your post, choose full editor, manage attachments, remove attachment. If that does not work it could be a permission issue. At one point in time we had a contributor remove all their stuff so it may be like that on purpose. I'll remove your old manual.

BH

Ranzo,

Sorry, I had thought you got that figured out. You should be able to edit your post, choose full editor, manage attachments, remove attachment. If that does not work it could be a permission issue. At one point in time we had a contributor remove all their stuff so it may be like that on purpose. I'll remove your old manual.

BH

Hi Brian,

I did it exactly the way You wrote it but I always got this error message "Action Failed"...anyway, now everything is ok and thanks !

Need Your feedback !

Please give me Your feedback about the manual and the package to enhance this guide... :rolleyes:

Maybe You would like to have more chapters / subjects / emulators to be discussed ?

Ränzo

LOL Dude you rock. how about n64 lol JK. Thanks for the time and effort you put into this. I had to take a week off of my cabinet this week because of work and home. This weekend I plan to tidy some things up I get my marquee today. I am still waiting for my side art:(

Tony

Hi Tony,

Ok, just updated documentation to version 1.5 :

Extended DAPHNE section :

1. Example of the gamex.ini - Daphne section

2. Troubleshooting Section : Problems with Resolution Switching

3. Troubleshooting setcion : Problems with Cliff Hanger

Chers,

Ränzo

Need Your feedback !

Please give me Your feedback about the manual and the package to enhance this guide... :rolleyes:

Maybe You would like to have more chapters / subjects / emulators to be discussed ?

Ränzo

How about a chapter on how to setup a lightgun in mame(TopgunII)

I just cannot get this to work.

Man I feel bad it seems like you are doing all the work for us slackers lol. I do have to take my hat off to you. You have done a wonderful job I would have probably given up on the laserdisc games. I think Brian should hire you!! LOL Thanks guys for being patient and helping all of us noobs. You know it is funny I am a network engineer. I thought ahh this will be easy. It wasnt bad but the information for daphne is so scattered. Most of the time it was outdated. This is a nice complete guide. If I would have found something like this earlier it would have been a lot less beers and freezing my butt off in the garage. The beers were ok LOL. One quick question I have a amd 64 4000 1gb ram xp pro HP pc. It runs the chd games like a dog what do you guys recommend. I want something to play them right. I played mace and it looked kick ass but slow as hell. The pc I used had integrated graphics(which sucks) no pcie express slot:( . Two sata 80gb drives. I put all the roms and emulators on the second drive. It was free lol that was what prompted me to build a mame cabinet. It runs everything else fine. Well thanks once again Brian and Ranzo!!!

Tony

Man I feel bad it seems like you are doing all the work for us slackers lol. I do have to take my hat off to you. You have done a wonderful job I would have probably given up on the laserdisc games. I think Brian should hire you!! LOL Thanks guys for being patient and helping all of us noobs. You know it is funny I am a network engineer. I thought ahh this will be easy. It wasnt bad but the information for daphne is so scattered. Most of the time it was outdated. This is a nice complete guide. If I would have found something like this earlier it would have been a lot less beers and freezing my butt off in the garage. The beers were ok LOL. One quick question I have a amd 64 4000 1gb ram xp pro HP pc. It runs the chd games like a dog what do you guys recommend. I want something to play them right. I played mace and it looked kick ass but slow as hell. The pc I used had integrated graphics(which sucks) no pcie express slot:( . Two sata 80gb drives. I put all the roms and emulators on the second drive. It was free lol that was what prompted me to build a mame cabinet. It runs everything else fine. Well thanks once again Brian and Ranzo!!!

Tony

Chd games do run slow, you need a core2duo @ 2.6 Ghz to play most well. Games like Killer instinct and Carnevil should be ok, NFL Blitzs will be playable. Gaunlet legends is playable on my Quadcore I7, but its a 300.00 cpu.

It just depends on your wallet

For MAME intergrated graphics is fine. Other emulators like M2 and NullDC, Makaron, Playstation 1 and 2 may require a little bit more.

I have a lightgun I have never used. Maybe I should break it out.

EDIT: I do believe you just have to enable it in the Mame.ini and ensure it works in windows.

I have it setup in windows I play House Of The Dead 3 all the time

and Ive tried setting it up in mame

Ive tried a couple different guides(Didnt Help)

I just gave up,Its a shame though because there are alot of great lightgun

games on mame.From what Ive read on the forum the last couple of years

this is a very confusing setup for alot of people.

It would be GREAT to have a step by step walkthrough for this.

I have a pair of Guncon's working in MAME just fine. The question is, what version of MAME are you using? If you are using a very old version (0.106 or so), it will work straight away. After 0.117 or there abouts, the RAW system went into effect so gun->mouse software stopped working. I've read that the newest versions (0.130 or so) work again but I'm not sure as I haven't tried it.

SO, you have a few choices for a TopGun.

1) Use an older version of MAME for gun games. I used 0.106 if I remember correctly and things worked fine for quite some time.

2) Upgrade to the newest version of MAME to see if things do actually work out of the box. I haven't tried it, but it should technically work according to others.

3) Compile your own version of MAME with the RAW input system disabled. This is what I have done and things work beautifully!

4) You might be able to find a 3rd party version of MAME that works with guns, but I suspect it will be the same fix as I suggested in 3.

Good luck! Getting a pair of guns to work in MAME is probably the most frustrating thing you can do in emulation. However, when you do get it working the reward is one of the coolest gaming experiences around. Gun games RULE!!! B)

Updated manual to Version 1.5

Extended DAPHNE section :

1. Example of the gamex.ini - Daphne section

2. Troubleshooting Section : Problems with Resolution Switching

3. Troubleshooting setcion : Problems with Cliff Hanger

Included a new tool : Soft 15 KHz in folder "18. Soft 15Khz"

Manual is now online !

Chers,

Ränzo

• 2 weeks later...

Update : Manual updated to Version 1.6

Changed :

1. New Chapter 4 : MameUIFX Configuration

2. Extended Chapter 3 : With a new section : â??Necessary GameEx filesâ?

Please check this thread out regularly to be informed about the newest updates !!

Ränzo DeLaForce

Thanks for the contribution Ranzo!

...and thank You for Your applications and guides !! :)

Next update will be a new layout : When I have time, I will format the whole document with Publisher so that it will look a little bit nicer... :rolleyes:

Ränzo

You should consider putting a link to your guide in your signature, like I have done in mine. Then, everytime you post, people will be able to see that it exists.

Thanks for the hint -> WilCO !! :D

Ränz

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Great guide Ranzo! I'm almost finished my install, so wish I'd seen this guide a month ago! But having just had a read through it, I'll be using some of your instructions to fine tune my system.

I also haven't got Daphne up and running yet, so will certainly use your step-my-step instructions to get me through it - I haven't been able to find any instructions as good as that anywhere.

Nice work - thank you.