All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Full Configuration Mame Package

I haven't seen that tutorial before but it looks really good! Thanks for passing it along. I had completely forgotten about the -listxml profile option for MAME. To be honest I'm so used to just grabbing DAT files for various systems (No-Intro and whatnot), that's usually what I do for MAME as well.

Glad you got everything sorted out, and have fun!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Draco1962 : Changing the name to MAMEUIFX...mhhh, but lastly, its up to You if You take the official version or the unofficial. It will nearly not change the way of how to configure Your system. Ok, I think I will have to revise Chapter 5... :rolleyes:

Or maybe expand it a little to include the non-MAMEUIFX and clairfy that you can compile your own version of MAME with the appropriate hi_score.diff file to enable hi scores and disable nag screens.

Good source of info from within the GameEx forums to be found here and info for Headkaze's MAMEUI64 Compiler (which compiles for both 32 and 64 bit MAME and MAMEUI builds) can be found here.

Made great progess. The ROM rebuild seemed to work great, I've now installed MAMEUIFX and was able to play a game (albeit badly as was using keyboard - control panel parts on way). I've installed GameEx too but still got to finish setup.

Cant thank you guy's enough!!!! :D

Thanks,

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I'm back.

Been working on my cabinet and GameEx interface and all thats coming along nicely.

Started looking at Visual Pinball, have followed guide and completed sections 1 thru 4. Got a game playing in Visual Pinball (as per section 3)

Problem I'm having is when I navigate thru GameEx to a pinball game (that works in VP) and choose to play all I get is the Visual Pinball logo and nothing else..... am I running into limitations on what my PC can do? I'm using a 1.3GHz Celeron with 512Mb RAM (at Max).

Can you give a little more info? If running on a Celeron, I assume you are running XP. Is the video card integrated in the motherboard or separate and, if so, how much video RAM?

Posting your gameex.ini file and log file (after running game) might be helpful as well.

How does it run outside of GameEx? 128MB graphics adapter and 512MB RAM may be a little on the slight side. Will have to take a closer look at the log and ini files when I get home but from what I can see for now, doesn't seem that unusual.

How does it run outside of GameEx? 128MB graphics adapter and 512MB RAM may be a little on the slight side. Will have to take a closer look at the log and ini files when I get home but from what I can see for now, doesn't seem that unusual.

I've only tried a few games but they seemed to work fine.

Something I've noticed is that when I Ctrl-Alt-Del to shutdown PC I see for split second Visual Pinball windows and Errors. So Id the Visual Pinbal Logo I see something GameEx or Ranzo's install is throwing up? Anyway of stopping that so I can see what the errors are?

• 4 weeks later...

Thought report back that my issues were my PC/Video card were not poweful enough. I've changed video card and got things running better but will need to get better PC at some point.

One thing did notice is that script does not put [Mapping Off] Exit (ESC+Q).ini in correct place - should go in \GameEx\CONFIG\EMULATORS\

Also any reason your not using vpauto.exe?

Again - thanks so much for this was a life saver.