All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Hmmmmm Strange...

Orclord

I just registed a day or two ago, but I did get an "out of office" reply letting me know he would be out untill the 7th of October.

the next day, I got an email from Tom thanking me for my registration and providing me with my registration file.

hope this helps.

Nice to be missed :)

It was a vacation, not as far flung as Hawaii though. Back now, and its great to see things run along quite well without me, in fact it seems you all get off your asses and do more :) Even Orc fired up his pentium II and US Robotics modem to post a message. Im honred :)

Dang I had my money on it that it was a pair of boobs that got you side tracked...guess I owe Brian $5 as he said it was likely a vacation....tho I think he was cheating....ether way...please tell me there was a pair of tits in there some where. :)

Actually I don't think more got done...you just forgot how busy it is around here. :)

Dang I had my money on it that it was a pair of boobs that got you side tracked...guess I owe Brian $5 as he said it was likely a vacation....tho I think he was cheating....ether way...please tell me there was a pair of tits in there some where. :)

Put it this way, you should split the $5 dollars.

Yep everything went like clockwork around here. I would find it a bit hard to catch up on 10 days of posts here though. Sometimes even a day or so of posts takes a while to catch up. Happy to hear you got lucky on your break ;)

Well thanks a lot for stepping up, and to everyone else too. To be honest, I probably won't be able to catch up with everything now, but you all know you can email me or PM if there's something of significance it looks like I've missed.

Its great though, that the forum has gone way beyond just GameEx related. Not bragging but it seems we get way more posts than the BYOAC software forum, and all the other front end forums. The only downside is its hard to keep up unless you check in daily. Of course I'm open to suggestions as always on how to improve things, but of course without breaking what we have going.

What migt be helpful, is adding to the portal some kind of more advanced software solution for tracking feature requests and bugs. I *feel* like I am on top of everything, but I worry I may miss something.

Thoughts welcome.

Well thanks a lot for stepping up, and to everyone else too. To be honest, I probably won't be able to catch up with everything now, but you all know you can email me or PM if there's something of significance it looks like I've missed.

Its great though, that the forum has gone way beyond just GameEx related. Not bragging but it seems we get way more posts than the BYOAC software forum, and all the other front end forums. The only downside is its hard to keep up unless you check in daily. Of course I'm open to suggestions as always on how to improve things, but of course without breaking what we have going.

What migt be helpful, is adding to the portal some kind of more advanced software solution for tracking feature requests and bugs. I *feel* like I am on top of everything, but I worry I may miss something.

Thoughts welcome.

This place is often more busy than BYOAC's software forum which is an impressive achievement. I have also noticed that releases I make on BYOAC don't always get the great response here. I feel my work is more appreciated over here :)

I do have an idea for helping bug tracking. And it's just a simple form on the website where you fill in details like version, problem, brief description, attach log etc. And it just posts to somewhere you can easily go through and read through the reports.

Nice to be missed :)

It was a vacation, not as far flung as Hawaii though. Back now, and its great to see things run along quite well without me, in fact it seems you all get off your asses and do more :) Even Orc fired up his pentium II and US Robotics modem to post a message. Im honred :)

It's a Dell Optiplex Gx if you must know.........Makes GameEx look shite......

Still......

That's your prob......Need full 60/60 on pentium 133 running 3.11........

Vacation !!!!! .......

How dare you......Anyone who gave a toss about their baby would be online 24/7 365.....

Sheesh......

Developers aint what they used to be.................Take a look at Haze..Oops wrong forum

And I hope you didn't wear that England football shirt *ALL* the time...........

XXXX

This place is often more busy than BYOAC's software forum which is an impressive achievement. I have also noticed that releases I make on BYOAC don't always get the great response here. I feel my work is more appreciated over here :)

I've noticed that too Kaze. I saw your post asking byoacers what they thought about the irc in your cpwizard. Well that was 10 days ago and no-one has replied. Honestly I don't think you get the respect you deserve over there. I occasionally read the posts over there, and I love Saint's site and the work he has done for the community, but I don't like to post on his forum. Too many negative people that just want to post smart ass remarks and in general not be helpful at all. On the flip side, his site (and forum) is a treasure trove of info and the arcade community would not bode well if it went away.

Jay Thompson

I think Jay is spot on there: I look at the BYOAC forums and GameEx forums most days, but rarely post at BYOAC. The few times I did, some people (though not all, by any means) seem to be of the "Noobie=Idiot" mentality. A lot of people there are really great and are more than willing to help noobs, but some (I'm sure you know who they are!) only want to show how witty they are.

They're only half right.

This forum is by far the friendliest one I've ever seen, anytime I asked a question I always had serious and helpful answers (and a few smart comments, but thats all part of the fun, isn't it?). Hasn't only one person been banned here since the boards started? Thats a seriously low asshole rating, and speaks volumes about the GameEx forum in itself.

Delighted to be a member, and happy to help if I can.

Keep up the good work, mods and peeps!

Johnny

BTW, ARMAGEDDON! ROFL!!! :lol:

Yeah I'm only aware of one ban...tho I've only been here a year out of the ?three? that GameEx has been going.

I also think one of the reasons everyone here is more helpful...is generally because very few only setup Mame, so it becomes a lot harder to proclaim ones self as any sort of Guru...hehe I'm a Noob and I've setup all kinds of Emu's and Systems. :) Plus the extensive feature set of GameEx only adds to this, as there are a number of things I'm completely in the blind about even after using it for a year.

Of course having awesome Mods on the forums helps greatly. :)

P.S. ARMAGEDDON!