All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Other games (Non-emulated)

NemX2

Looking to add some fun non-emulated games to my cabinet. Currently I have a few PC games that work well with joystick and/or trackball.

Tiger woods 2007 and 2005

Luxor 2

Rayman Raving Rabbids.

What titles do others recommend that work well in a cabinet?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By all means get GridWars 2. I managed to dig around for a while and find it for linux, windows, and OSX. I use the Windows version on my arcade machine. It's quite a lot of fun--something everyone should have on their cab. Thanks for pointing me to Super Mario Wars. Looks like a blast. I can't wait to try it out this evening. I'd also like to know where I can get Raiden III if anyone wants to PM me :) I looked in my usual places and couldn't find it.

I tried Gridwars2 out on my MCE machine. Doesn't work right. When it's in full screen mode, the screen flickers like the vertical hold is off. I can only "briefly" run it in Windowed mode. Once it starts to do heavy renderings though, it locks up the machine. I'd love to play this on my gaming machine, but alas, I'm stuck playing it on my main computer. I played the SuperMario War on my main computer as well, haven't tried it on the MCE one yet. Oh, and FYI, I'm running Vista, so that might be why Gridwars won't work properly.

I tried Gridwars2 out on my MCE machine. Doesn't work right. When it's in full screen mode, the screen flickers like the vertical hold is off. I can only "briefly" run it in Windowed mode. Once it starts to do heavy renderings though, it locks up the machine. I'd love to play this on my gaming machine, but alas, I'm stuck playing it on my main computer. I played the SuperMario War on my main computer as well, haven't tried it on the MCE one yet. Oh, and FYI, I'm running Vista, so that might be why Gridwars won't work properly.

Hi Han. Long shot, but have you set the window x,y and playfield x,y in the config to the desktop resolution you are using on your gaming machine ?

iano.

:)

yeah normally GridWars is set to scroll meaning the playing field is larger than the screen resolution. Could be a problem. Could also be buggy vista graphics drivers. I've played it on a lot of different platforms and never had a problem. I also got to play it on a 30 inch Dell flat panel with dual 7800gtx's running on a quad opteron sun system. SUWEET.

The only place I saw GridAssault said it timed out after 6 minutes. As if it is some sort of demo. Maybe MS scared them into turning it into a Geometry Wars demo.

---

yeah thats true :) didnt quite think of that. never made it past 4 minutes anyway lol :). ok

but eaven tho its a bit shorter i percived it to be a little bit more beautiful than grid wars. but then i just played gridwars for like 1 minute so i could be wrong.

grid assault is very easy on the graphics card thoug (grid assault) mine graphics card have a faulty cooler system so i can only play games that are very easy on the graphics card.,