All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Game launches in MAME but won't launch in PBX...

tabascoman77

Well, this is confounding. 1942 just won't launch within PBX. Launches fine within MAMEUI64 (current version 0.268). When I launch within PBX, it kicks back errors telling me it can't find a bunch of files within the rom that it's hunting for and tells me the game can't be run, then kicks back to PBX.

Gamelist manager has "1942" as the selected board and that's the version which runs in MAMEUI. If I choose other versions of 1942 (making sure to run those files in Gamelist Manager, I get the same exact error: it just hunts for roms within the file it claims aren't there and kicks back to PBX.

Included all pertinent files. Logs don't show anything suspect that I can see.

Maybe you guys can see something I'm not seeing.

MAMEset.png

PinballX.ini log.txt

mameerrors.png

C Drive / Flynn's / MAMEUI64 / Roms

I tried vanilla MAME but it was having issues with PBX where a console window would open and I would have to Alt-Tab off of it to get to the game, so I went back to MAMEUI. Plus, I like the lighter look.

17 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

Ill test here, make sure its still working for me. 

I meant you could run the two mames concurrently. just different exe for pinballx.

Just tried it out. PBX will launch with plain MAME. I may just go back to it.