All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Website asking for donations when attempting to download Zaccaria Pinball media

NeoWave346

Erm I'm I think I'm being dumb.i want to get backglass images for the game and maybe some videos.i tried downloading a single PNG file and the website just keeps asking me to donate again even though I bought the lifetime membership.can anyone help?

I split this to the PinballX General subforum as your issue has nothing to do with the original thread for Zaccaria media.

• Draco1962 changed the title to Website asking for donations when attempting to download Zaccaria Pinball media

I figured it out.i was in fact being dumb.yesterday I tried using cx file explorer to get access through ftp,but strangely enough today I've not been able to connect to it at all.im using ftp.gameex.com port 21my email address and password same as yesterday but cant connect to the server today.its very strange. 

Just added a snapshot for my issue.ps-im a lifetime member also.

Screenshot_20240811-140642-picsay.png

I have been in and out of it the last few days using Filezilla with no issues whatsoever. @NeoWave346Have you tried using a different FTP client or uninstalling/reinstalling CX File Explorer? 

Im not a pc user but i do have a pinball table that i get backglass and other things for and this site seemed to have a lot,but no matter what app i use the ftp client keeps refusing me the ability to log in.is something wrong with my account ? I didnt do anything since yesterday but now im not allowed access to download files.as of now it was not worth the 45 i paid for access.

Just tried reinstalling cx file explorer and tried2 other ftp apps.cannot log in now at all.have no idea why or how to make it work,logged in first time yesterday no problem.i put the same details in today and will not in at all with anything ive tried.how do I even contact game ex to fix this issue? 

The issue is not with the FTP site. I would suggest using Filezilla.

You may need to ensure that you are not running afoul of your own anti-malware or something else.

You previously mentioned being presented with a paywall - that dies not happen with our sites!

Be sure you are following the settings noted here:

https://forums.gameex.com/forums/ftp/ 

Server: ftp.gameex.com
Port: 21 (Default).
User: Your email address used for these forums (same for GameEx Online).
Password: Your password used here for these forums

Below is how I have GameEx FTP setup to access GameEx and PinballX media within Filezilla:

image.png

Barring ANY issues with incorrect credentials or other interference, these settings work without fail.

As far as im aware i am using my email not username and all my details are correct.i dont own a pc.my android tablet was working just fine the first 24hours then anytime after that im not being allowed to log in through file app app ive tried,i keep being told i cant log in.

The same details are absolutely fine on the website but not through the ftp server......i just try the same details this morning and suddenly working again.im so sorry i feel like ive wasted everybodys time.thanks so much for all your help with this.Screenshot_20240812-053911.thumb.png.74e589a64f1516adba468c92da970544.png

That detail about the Android tablet would have been a great lead into to the issue for those of us that could not read between the lines of "I'm not a PC user" posted previously! 😎

It is very possible that your device WiFi is acting a bit dodgy. Knowing the make & model and "googling" for issues with WiFi for it may turn up some clues. Some questions and suggestions should Tom's fix not work - use at your own risk:

• Ensure that you are close to your WiFi source (modem/router). 
  • When was the last time that you power cycled (e.g. turned off - turned on) the device? If you haven't recently, please do so now.
  • After power-cycling, does the issue persist or does it return? If it persists or returns, you may have to power cycle your WiFi modem/router
  • ***After power-cycling your WiFi modem/router, does the issue persist or does it return? CAUTION as this will impact all devices in the dwelling and reset connectivity. If you are uncertain, do not proceed

Again, good luck!🍀

• 2 weeks later...
  • Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] Website asking for donations when attempting to download Zaccaria Pinball media
  • Draco1962 locked this topic