All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Sounds from Pinball X playing during loaded FP Game

GuyMan

Hello all. Glad to be using Pinball X. It's really great! 

I have eveything set up pretty well but one weird thing is when I launch a game and it loads in. I'll be playing it then suddenly hear the Pinball X menu audio (music) play while I'm in a game. I'll be playing Halloween then suddenly hear the Tron or He-Man music lol

Are there any settings for this?

Thanks!

When reporting an issue, please attach (no copy & paste) copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files for review.

While some responses may not require them, more often than not it is beneficial to have them up front to start the triage process.

I've never encountered this issue before.
PinballX usually halts the audio.
I use both FP and VP and have never experienced this myself.
The strange part is, why would it play audio from another table? Are you certain you're not launching two instances of PinballX?
The log indicates that backglass windows was initiated twice, although this entry is supposed to occur only once.

20:45:34.68  7/10/2024:  C:\Games\Future Pinball\BAM\FPLoader.exe /open "C:\Games\Future Pinball\Tables\Aliens Legacy ULTIMATE Pro 1.03.fpt" /play /exit /arcaderender
20:45:40.30  7/10/2024:  Created DirectX BackGlass Window
20:45:40.80  7/10/2024:  Main display running full screen windowed.
20:57:29.95  7/10/2024:  Created DirectX BackGlass Window
20:57:30.65  7/10/2024:  Main display running full screen windowed.
20:57:36.71  7/10/2024:  Exiting

Can you try to alt-tab during game when you have the audio of another table, to check where it is coming from ?

• Like 1

It is definitely the table audio tracks that play for each table within PinballX. It's distinct music that is only in the table selector of PinballX.

It's certainly not running another FP instance (for one....this computer is from 2007 and would meltdown running two FP tables at once haha)

I'm not sure why it's creating backglass window twice. It does a kind of a clunky switch when I select a table. It starts to load, goes black, but pinballx re appears within about 2 seconds and stays on screen, then it finally goes back to the FP loading screens and launches. I bet it has something to do with that but as far as I can tell I have all the window settings correct.

Looks like you missed the parameters stay in ram.So the following line as parameter:

/open "[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]" /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

Can you try , and if it is not working can you add the new log file ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Looks like you missed the parameters stay in ram.So the following line as parameter:

Can you try , and if it is not working can you add the new log file ?

This seems to have worked! I didn't hear any other music during my playthrough of Aliens. I'll keep testing and see if it happens again. 

Thank you, very appreciative of your help!

log.txt

• Like 2